Senior Ruby Developer (Full Stack)
We are looking for a Senior Ruby Developer to join our team. The position is full time and remote. Our office is based in London and you’ll need to make an effort to overlap a large part of your day with 9-5 GMT hours.
As a Ruby Developer at Purepoint, your contributions will be used by hundreds of thousands of customers. You'll join a close-knit team of 7-10 other developers and you'll have an opportunity to shape the future of this particular project.
Strong knowledge of Ruby is required. Real world experience building and maintaining Ruby on Rails apps is a must - from UI to APIs. This project will involve being part of a team working on an application used by tens of thousands of customers every day.
- Work in an agile team, taking part in standups, and retrospectives (Via Google Hangouts)
- Understand the structure of existing applications and how to work with them
- Interact regularly with our client’s technical team
- Use your knowledge of Ruby on Rails to build robust applications
- Review commits of other team members
What we look for
An ideal candidate is autonomous, proactive, and has experience working in a variety of different languages. We admire developers who take initiative, make their own decisions and implement them clearly. Front end knowledge is also a bonus.
As a Purepoint developer you will work in a small and close-knit group. Our mindset is focused on constant iteration and improvement.
Team & tools
As part of our team, we will give you all of the tools necessary to excel at your role. We use Jira, Trello, Slack, Github and Google Hangouts in our day-to-day business.
Our managerial structure is very flat. We put customer experience and satisfaction first and really believe in delivering a service that is cutting edge.
Purepoint is a remote-first software development agency. We help businesses build better bespoke software. Clients range from rising startups to household brand names.
The projects we do are incredibly varied but they share one overarching theme – putting great minds together to build better software. You’ll have the opportunity to help businesses embrace the newest technology and bring better services to market.
If you like the idea of continuously improving, working at Purepoint is a great decision. We provide everything you need to excel at your role and we’ll do our best to keep interruptions and meetings to a minimum.
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Work remotely
- Flexibility with your working hours
- A minimal approach to meetings
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Min. 4 years Ruby experience is required
- A strong understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience working with Bootstrap
- Experience required working with APIs, Git, and complex server side design
- Experience working in an agile software team environment