Full Stack Rails Developer
SaneBox is looking for a great rails developer to join our bootstrapped, profitable company. We need a talented and motivated individual who isn’t afraid of tackling large projects in a complicated codebase.
Things you will do at SaneBox:
- Write unit tests, functional tests, and integration tests.
- Perform peer code reviews.
- Be on-call occasionally.
- Debug and fix issues and errors affecting customers.
- Customer support – all engineers participate in customer support to see the issues that are directly affecting our customers.
- Integrate with 3rd party services such as Stripe, PayPal, Google, Dropbox, etc.
Things that (hopefully) describe you:
- Experience developing well tested Ruby on Rails applications.
- Knowledge of best practices in Rails application development.
- Experience with AngularJS or React is a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
- Understand writing scalable Ruby in a CPU and memory constrained environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Our release cycle is very short, and your first work will be live on our production site within days.
- Live within the timezones UTC-2 to UTC-8.
SaneBox offers health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as a 401K contribution to full-time employees based in the US. We are working on providing benefits to employees based elsewhere, but we’re not quite there yet!
Here at SaneBox we’re changing the way people email. Every day we work to reduce the inefficiencies surrounding email and improve how people communicate with one another through email. This involves a lot of education and a very smart algorithm.
SaneBox filters out and summarizes unimportant emails - not spam, but legitimate messages that just don’t deserve to interrupt your day and can be processed later in bulk. We also have a full suite of additional features that help turn anyone from an email novice into an email superhero.
We continue to receive lots of great press, including from Business Insider who recently said that our product “is by far the easiest way to fix email overload.” Oh yeah, our customers love us!
We are a small, dedicated team. Our company is not filled with hard drinking, hard playing, young people. Mostly we all have kids and real lives outside work, have been doing this for a decade or more, understand there is never enough RAM or CPU cycles ever, and whatever software debt you incur today by being dumb will have to be paid back in the future at a stiff interest rate.
We have an office in LA and Boston, so you are welcome to work in an office or if you’d prefer, we also have great people working remotely all over the world.
No recruiters please.
How to apply?
Send a resume and a cover letter that includes a joke and your favorite algorithm to firstname.lastname@example.org.