Back-end Java Engineer
About Statement Campus
Statement Campus is a software development company bringing together exceptional and international talents to build the future of finance. We are building campuses all over the world which are designed to provide space to think and are intimately integrated within the city centers. Besides the physical campuses, we believe in remote work as the model for the future in regard to working in this globalised world. This position is remote.
What you'll do
Your responsibilities will include the continuous development and improvement of the current backend and service architecture of the Statement companies. You will build robust, distributed and scalable products/services/tools. You will conduct code reviews, write tests, documentation and care about code quality, while also iterating quickly. Researching and remaining up-to-date with the latest technologies will help you to implement scalability and redundancy in all parts of the application.
Our Technology Stack
- Java 8 and Go programming language
- Elastically scalable Microservices
- Hosted on AWS
- More than 1 billion API requests
- More than 100,000,000 new events daily
- Thousands of concurrent users
Who we're looking for
- Truly exceptional software engineers
- B.S. or M.S. degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in at least one modern, object-oriented programming language, such as Java, Golang, C++, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience working with distributed systems and Web services
- Experience with Git and continuous integration, with a passion for benchmarking and optimisation
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
What we offer
- Technology - Only the most cutting-edge technologies are used and we are constantly innovating. Our technical architecture is based on the use of Microservices, a block chain technology, and a proprietary machine learning technology.
- Remote work - Live and work from wherever makes you the happiest! Do great work from an environment that you are comfortable in.
- Retreats - We have the legendary Statement retreats multiple times a year where we gather the whole team in a single location.
- Education - We want you to have every opportunity to stay fresh and up to date on the trends and technologies in our industry. We provide a ‘Techsummit’ quarterly – an exclusive event for all our employees.
- Self-development - We offer to our employees a clear career chances by offering an experts and manager career path that ensures equal development opportunities.
- Work / life balance - Work/life balance is important to us, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
- Salary - We offer highly competitive salaries. Our salary formula adjusts to your experience and cost of living .
- Health & Wellness - We provide online consultation with our personal trainer about nutrition and provide personalized workout plans and participation in our online bootcamps.
- Equipment - We provide a Macbook to do your best work.