Site Reliability Engineer
About Statement Campus
Statement Campus is a software development company bringing together exceptional and international talents to build the future of finance. We are building campuses all over the world which are designed to provide space to think and are intimately integrated within the city centers. Besides the physical campuses, we believe in remote work as the model for the future in regard to working in this globalised world. This position is remote.
What you'll do
As part of a broader team of engineers and administrators you will have front-to-back engineering and management ownership for tools and infrastructure used across the company. Depending on your assigned primary focus within the team, this may include systems like AWS, Firewalls, VPN, Confluence, Splunk, Jenkins and other systems.You will be integral to new releases/upgrades, monitoring their status and working closely with engineers to diagnose and troubleshoot issues. Further responsibilities include access control, capacity management (scaling) and firewall rule management as well as keeping systems patched, up-to-date and available according to our operational and security requirements, while participating in an on-call roster.To support the automation of all tasks, engineering ad-hoc tools and systems will be a key duty.
Our Technology Stack
- Go and Java programming languages.
- Elastically scalable Microservices.
- Hosted on AWS
- More than 1 billion API requests.
- More than 100,000,000 new events daily.
- Thousands of concurrent users
Who we're looking for
- Truly exceptional system engineers
- 5+ years experience in varying technical roles
- Background in Linux administration (mainly Debian), other platforms a plus
- Scripting/programming knowledge of at least Python and Unix shell scripting, good knowledge of Golang a strong advantage
- Good understanding of technologies such as Apache, Nginx, Databases (relational and key-value), DNS servers, SMTP servers, etc.
- Good networking understanding (TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, etc.)
- Quick to learn and fast to adapt to changing environments
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Understanding of cloud-based infrastructure, such as AWS
- Excellent communication and organisational skills in English (German is a plus)
What we offer
Technology Only the most cutting-edge technologies are used and we are constantly innovating. Our technical architecture is based on the use of Microservices, a block chain technology, and a proprietary machine learning technology.
Remote work Live and work from wherever makes you the happiest! Do great work from an environment that you're comfortable in.
Retreats We have multiple time per year the legendary Statement retreats, where we gather the whole team in a single location.
Education We want you to have every opportunity to stay fresh and up to date on the trends and technologies in our industry. We provide quarterly ‘Techsummit’ – exclusive event for all our employees.
Self-development We offer to our employees a clear career chances by offering an experts and manager career path that ensures equal development opportunities.
Work / life balance Work/life balance is important to us, which is why we offer flexible work schedules. SalaryWe offer highly competitive salaries. Our salary formula adjusts to your experience and cost of living .
Health & Wellness We provide online consultation with our personal trainer about nutrition and provide personalized workout plans and participation in our online bootcamps.
Equipment We provide a Macbook to do your best work.