Android Software Engineer
About Statement Campus
Statement Campus is a software development company bringing together exceptional and international talents to build the future of finance. We are building campuses all over the world which are designed to provide space to think and are intimately integrated within the city centers. Besides the physical campuses, we believe in remote work as the model for the future in regard to working in this globalised world. This position is remote.
What you'll do
Working alongside our design, business and project teams, you will join our team of top engineers in developing and shipping new features using state-of-the-art technologies. You will design, build and maintain high performance, reusable and reliable Android code. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our Android apps within a team of engineers to ensure the best possible performance and quality. Additionally, you will conduct regular code and peer reviews to ensure the quality requirements are met.
Our Technology Stack
- Fully native app written according to reactive programming approach
- Communication with the server API based on REST and WebSocket interfaces
- Fully automated CI/CD system on Jenkins utilizing physical devices and the Espresso framework through Testing Support Library
- Highly distributed system based entirely on microservices in production for 2+ years
- NoSQL as a primary data store
- Hosted at AWS
- Fully automated deployments using CI/CD and Ansible on Jenkins
Who we're looking for
- Truly exceptional software engineers
- B.S. or M.S. degree in computer science or equivalent work experience relevant to the role
- Android development experience
- Experience with third party services (RESTful APIs, XMPP, Websockets) to integrate mobile applications to server-side systems
- Knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns and best practices
- Passion for benchmarking and optimisation, with a preference for writing clean and elegant, test-driven code
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
What we offer
- Technology - Only the most cutting-edge technologies are used and we are constantly innovating. Our technical architecture is based on the use of Microservices, a block chain technology, and a proprietary machine learning technology.
- Remote work - Live and work from wherever makes you the happiest! Do great work from an environment that you are comfortable in.
- Retreats - We have the legendary Statement retreats multiple times a year where we gather the whole team in a single location.
- Education - We want you to have every opportunity to stay fresh and up to date on the trends and technologies in our industry. We provide a ‘Techsummit’ quarterly – an exclusive event for all our employees.
- Self-development - We offer to our employees a clear career chances by offering an experts and manager career path that ensures equal development opportunities.
- Work / life balance - Work/life balance is important to us, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
- Salary - We offer highly competitive salaries. Our salary formula adjusts to your experience and cost of living.
- Health & Wellness - We provide online consultation with our personal trainer about nutrition, provide personalised workout plans and participation in our online bootcamps.
- Equipment - We provide a Macbook to ensure that you can do your best work