Senior Python Developer
We are looking for an exceptional Python developer to work with us on a mid-sized e-commerce site. The bulk of the work will be on the Python / Django end, but an ideal candidate would also occasionally contribute to the front-end and DevOps aspects of project.
You will be working remotely with a team based largely in NY, primarily contributing to an open-source codebase and developing proprietary code where appropriate. You will have the freedom to set your own hours, but as this is very much a team effort, we do require some overlap with US hours.
We are looking for a self-motivated developer who also loves being part of a team. Candidates will join our team as consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- Python / Django
- TypeScript / React
What we offer:
- Challenging work with real-world consequences
- Unit testing, continuous integration, automated deployment
- An opportunity to contribute to open-source projects
- Competitive compensation
- Fully remote work
- Flexible hours
What we need:
- Complete fluency in English
- A degree in CS or similar field
- Five or more years of server-side development experience
- A demonstrable passion for Python and open-source
- Experience with Django
- Experience in a fast-paced, team environment
- Experience with Scrum/Agile/Git workflows
- Availability to overlap some business hours with a NY based team
The ideal candidate will have:
- An advanced degree in CS or similar field
- Front-end application experience, e.g. React, Angular, etc.
- DevOps experience, e.g. continuous integration, containerized deployment
- A track record of remote work
- Open-source contributions