Senior Platform Engineer
Over 25,000 developers worldwide rely on SemaphoreCI.com to test and deploy their code. We're looking for passionate engineers who will join us in building the backbone of next-generation continuous delivery services.
The Platform team is responsible for building, monitoring and scaling hardware and services that execute 100k+ CI/CD jobs per day on Semaphore. The stack is a mix of bare metal, Linux tools, containers and virtual machines, and Ruby. We always strive for maximum performance, which is why Semaphore is the fastest hosted CI service on the market.
Our way of working is highly collaborative and optimized for constantly delivering value to our users through daily standups, pull requests, code review, and continuous deployment.
The Semaphore team is partly remote and the right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous communication. We expect you to have strong communication skills and be able to create working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to take significant ownership of projects that will drive the success of the overall business. Good candidates will bring a strong engineering background, combined with the ability to move fast.
You can join us by working remotely, or in our offices in Novi Sad.
- Write robust, maintainable backend and automation code
- Translate ideas into new projects with discrete tasks
- Improve scalability and performance of hardware and services that power the Semaphore platform
- Creatively come up with systematic solutions to problems instead of focusing on one-off fixes
- Implement metrics and monitoring in a scalable way
- Own and be on call for your parts of the system
- Explore technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Communicate with other teams (technical and non-technical), management and Semaphore users through our support channel when necessary
- 5+ years experience building systems at scale
- Deep knowledge of Linux and computer architecture
- Ability to identify and solve problems quickly, sometimes under pressure if there are issues that are directly affecting our users
- Highly developed debugging skills and ability to solve problems on production systems
- Knowledge of standard methodologies: configuration management, monitoring, alerting, metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively remotely with a team
- Being self-managed and capable of making effective decisions in a fast-changing environment
- The impact of working on a product that's competing on a global market
- Competitive salary
- Paid benefits and health insurance
- Work from anywhere you want or from our offices in Novi Sad
- Normal 40-hour work week
- Friendly work atmosphere
- Space to learn continuously and choose the tools for your job
- Books of your choice
- Paid trips to conferences
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice
- Paid parental leave
How to apply?
Please apply here: https://renderedtext.workable.com/jobs/525103/candidates/new