Full Stack Node.js Developer
Asoko is a first-mover in aggregating corporate data across African growth markets. Our unique position in the emerging markets data industry provides a great opportunity for someone looking to shape the development of a game-changing information platform for corporate transparency in Africa.
We’re a globally distributed team, so remote working is part of our DNA.
THE ROLE IS
A senior member of a 3-5 person agile team. You’ll work as a leader in technical design and delivery of a data-graph based solution. Focus is on engineering sustainability and excellence, you’ll also delight customers with crisp, clean and fast UI via latest web components approach.
A voice and influence over the tech direction and decisions through a close working relationship with the Technology Director.
No restriction on location, as long as you’re great, speak proper English and can join in the UK workday!
WHAT WE EXPECT
- Best engineering practices with PR reviews, high value test coverage, CI and technical debt optimisation
- API design and integration experience is essential. Key technologies in use includes Node.js, hapi.js, Neo4J, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, RabbitMQ. Experience in similar technologies welcome.
- Experience with single page applications (SPA) is essential. Technology skillset would include Vue.js, * AngularJS or other client MV* solutions and the usual HTML5 family, responsive frameworks and REST APIs
- The development team owns the quality of execution delivered via PaaS hosting
- Enjoyable development experience all round!
SMART AND UPSKILLING
We run a lean and productive technology stack, which will naturally use recent technology advancements. We are extracting benefits from evolving micro-service and web components approach. This is a role that leverages a variety of the best emerging technologies.
ABOUT ASOKO INSIGHT
Asoko Insight is Africa’s leading platform for corporate data collection and business news aggregation. We are first movers in a vertical segment of a 2.5 billion dollar industry and have raised significant VC funding.
We know that best practice software engineering and committing back to open source projects will reward both the community and the company.
Remuneration is market related depending on experience.