Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers all over the world. In the last four years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
We are looking for senior WordPress developers to be responsible for leading the development of complex Content Management Systems for a variety of industries and purposes, including building new themes and maintaining or extending existing ones. You will be architecting and implementing WordPress systems primarily using PHP, and will be relied upon as a source of technical leadership and architectural support. To excel in this position, you must have outstanding communication skills and should enjoy working in a highly dynamic, detail-oriented environment.
By joining the Toptal network, you’ll have the opportunity to work on many client projects, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500s, with teams of highly skilled experts from around the world.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Freedom to choose your own schedule and choose from a variety of hourly, part-time, and full-time projects.
- The ability to work from wherever you want. Whether you prefer traveling and working from exotic beaches or spending time with your family and working from home, the choice is yours.
- Access to a thriving, collaborative community of talented peers.
- Invitations to frequent Toptal events going on around the world, including dinners, tech talks, conferences, and more.
- Extremely competitive compensation.
- Build responsive WordPress themes and CMS websites from designs all the way to complete working WordPress sites.
- Assess client requirements and convert needs into an elegant, intuitive WordPress architecture that meets best practices.
- Work with stakeholders who need to use the CMS to support their needs and adjust functionality as needed.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Create and update reusable code libraries to streamline WordPress development cycles.
- Create and execute on plans and timelines for project goals, production requirements, and support and maintenance needs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Extensive experience building responsive WordPress themes and CMS websites from PSD designs and customizing commercial WordPress themes (back-end and front-end).
- Experience working with WordPress at the PHP code level, including an understanding of the existing built-in WordPress functions, custom post types, coding standards for plugins/widgets, and theme integration best practices.
- Strong expertise in creating WordPress CMS architectures from scratch based on client specifications, including experience working directly with stakeholders to understand the business needs of the system.
- Knowledge of cross-platform and cross-browser issues.
- Outstanding problem solving abilities, with a knack for turning complex business needs into clear, intuitive functionality patterns and architectures.
- Experience with all parts of the software development life cycle, including requirements, design, implementation, and testing.
- Comfort with best practices for large-scale WordPress web content delivery.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.
How to apply?
Please use the following link to apply: http://bit.ly/2xMaJnW