Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers all over the world. In the last four years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
We are looking for a Swift and/or Objective-C developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Your primary focus will be the development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end services, although some projects may require you to handle all technical aspects, including leveraging BaaS solutions such as Parse. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
By joining the Toptal network, you’ll have the opportunity to work on many client projects ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500s with teams of highly skilled experts from around the world.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Freedom to choose your own schedule and choose from a variety of hourly, part-time, and full-time projects.
- The ability to work from wherever you want. Whether you prefer traveling and working from exotic beaches or spending time with your family and working from home, the choice is yours.
- Access to a thriving, collaborative community of talented peers.
- Invitations to frequent Toptal events going on around the world, including dinners, tech talks, conferences, and more.
- Extremely competitive compensation.
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Proficient with Objective-C or Swift and Cocoa Touch.
- Experience with iOS frameworks, such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards.
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines.
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred.
- Experience with performance and memory tuning tools, such as Instruments and Shark.
- Familiarity with cloud messaging APIs and push notifications.
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.