Partner Manager - Key Accounts
We're looking for someone who's eager to help our largest and fastest-growing partners, like Google, Trello, Facebook, and Slack, succeed in launching and growing their Zapier integrations. If you're excited about SaaS, APIs, building win-win relationships, and automation, then read on.
We know applying for and taking on a new a job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Meaningful relationships maximize your success.You prioritize creating, nurturing, and managing personal relationships over relying on hastily-made contacts.
You’re a marketer at heart. You are quickly able to assess a partner’s marketing assets, channels, intended audience, etc. and design a marketing plan that benefits both parties.
Writing is a skill you sharpen non-stop. From composing a short, convincing email to penning an 800-word persuasive blog post or the world’s punniest tweets, you don't stop honing your craft
You make fearless asks. You don’t hesitate to reach out to a new partner, deliver a presentation, or negotiate a win-win deal. You can navigate large organizations and zero in on the right decision-maker.
You strive to build partnerships that benefit customers and partners alike. You think about how a potential partnership will solve customers' problems with practical use cases.
API documentation is familiar territory. You're comfortable looking for and suggesting improvements to an integration based on reading through a tool's API docs.
Efficiency impacts outcomes. You consistently automate time-consuming processes to free up time for more meaningful work.
Action beats inactivity. When you're given a task, you take ownership and find an effective way to complete it, whether or not it requires dozens of Google searches.
Learning gives you satisfaction. You strive to improve your work and expand your industry and marketing knowledge
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Build and maintain relationships with Zapier’s top 100+ partners
- Find creative ways to surface Zapier inside our partner’s products where customers would be looking for integrations/automations
- Inject yourself into partners' upcoming roadmaps; persuade them to work with Zapier, plan and execute product launches that highlight Zapier
- Motivate partners to participate in Zapier marketing opportunities (new feature releases, app roundups, etc.)
- Gain understandings of partners' users and show them practical use cases for Zapier
- Listen to partners and document their needs/requests in our feedback database
- Coordinate with Zapier's product teams to deliver the tools your partners need and with Zapier's content teams to deliver long and short-form content that inspires their users to automate their work.
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, every week help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier