WordPress Support Engineer
We (Kinsta.com) are a modern cloud hosting startup focused on WordPress hosting. Our awesome, young, and motivated team is scattered across the globe: Europe, Asia, Australia, North America.
Our client base is growing steadily and we’re looking for a competent support engineer with exceptional communication skills who can provide enterprise level technical support to our customers via our support system (we use Intercom.io exclusively for these purposes).
We are looking for someone to start immediately working a shift from 6 am to 2 pm UTC Monday-Friday!
- Take ownership of issues reported by customers and see problems through to resolution.
- Research, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Monitor uptime and analyze transactions data using third party analytics tool to resolve more advanced issues.
- Document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps for internal use and to extend our Knowledge Base.
- Carefully follow internal documentation to perform website migrations and repair websites infected with malware.
The ideal Kinsta Support Engineer is technically-knowledgeable, upbeat, professional, curious, and self-motivated.
Excellent support is one of the cornerstones of our business. Our clients have come to expect industry-leading support and it's our pleasure to deliver that to them. As a result, we're pretty careful about adding new Support Engineers to our team.
We hire Support Engineers with a variety of different areas of expertise - some of us are WordPress developers, others are Linux server gurus, while others are technically-knowledgeable internet generalists who have mastered the art of customer service.
All of our Engineers must meet the following core requirements:
- Completely fluent in German and English with excellent written communication skills.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced and occasionally stressful environment interacting with multiple clients simultaneously while maintaining a professional and friendly tone.
- Our Support Engineers must know WordPress deeply. All we host is WordPress and we have the best support team in the business (even if we do say so ourselves). While you don't have to be a full-fledged WordPress developer to be a Kinsta Support Engineer, you do need to know the WordPress database and file/directory structure as well as the wp-config.php file like the back of your hand.
- Our Support Engineers deal with a lot more than just WordPress! While you don't need to be a full-stack developer to fill this role, you will be providing hosting support to full-stack developers, so you do need to be familiar with the full-stack, from Linux web servers to browser dev tools.
- Deep expertise in any (or all!) of the following: WordPress, Linux, NGINX, PHP and MySQL.
- Prior experience working with customers over chat in a technical role in a fast-paced environment - particularly experience providing live support for web hosting or WordPress products.
This is a fully-remote role. Our Support Engineers can work from anywhere they have reliable internet access.
We always use the latest version of everything: PHP 7.2, NGINX, Ubuntu, Linux containers, Google Cloud and more, so you’ll be able to work with a bunch of exciting new technologies and actually use them every day!
This position offers a great deal of flexibility, responsibility, competitive salary, and opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
If you want to learn more about Kinsta and what it's like to work for our team, head to our website, Kinsta.com, and look for the About Us link in the footer.