This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Impala is a fully remote company building an API platform to make it much easier for developers to build travel technology, starting with hotel tech.
You'll be working directly on building new functionality into the product as well as working on existing features. We've had more interest than we ever anticipated we're hiring early to maintain and expand the quality of Impala.
- Takes ownership of features.
- Wants to create great APIs for other developers to work with.
- Spends time working on tooling to fix our common problems. In the past this has involved building chrome extensions and open source libraries.
- Has a direct input in the formulation of functionality.
We are accepting applicants within Western Europe. An office stipend is provided to all employees and frequent travel to team meetings is paid.
All full-time employees will take equity stakes in the company. How much will depend on experience.
Skills & Requirements
We're looking for engineers who are genuinely interested in using the latest web technologies when they're available. We're also looking for people who can build things well and also like to ship.
You won't be asked about linked lists or binary search trees in your interview but you will be asked about ES6 and APIs that you've worked with.
The recruitment process:
Make an application with us. Successful candidates will be contacted very quickly. Complete a 20 minutes initial interview with one of the team. Complete an 30 - 90 minute technical interview/pair programming session with our Lead Engineer. Have a final conversation with our co-founders.
The process is extremely quick but we're highly selective.
What we need to see:
- Experience in Node
- Experience with relational databases (Postgres preferable)
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with ReactJS
- An interest in taking ownership of functionality
What we'd love to see:
- Experience with Redux or significant experience with ReactJS
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with an ORM
Some of the things you'll get working here:
- Very fun twice yearly team retreats (previous include Berlin & Cambridgeshire)
- The hardware and software you need (and want) to do your job
- Heavy focus on professional development (time and budget given)
- Flexible working and holiday
- Salary GBP £40k - GBP £60k DOE.
For more information on Impala, check out our articles covering:
What the hell is Impala anyway?
All about our culture
How to apply?
Apply at https://talent.stackoverflow.com/employer/jobs/205384/listing?r=Other or email a Cover Letter/CV to email@example.com