Java/Kotlin Research Engineer
Advanon is looking to add new talent to its team!
If you have the drive to push forward a B2B Fintech startup that’s leading the invoice financing marketplace in Switzerland and Germany, joining our team will put you in a prime position to do just that.
Advanon is a rapidly growing, well-funded, FinTech startup based in Zürich, with an office in Berlin. We offer an online platform that allows SMEs to sell their open invoices directly to financial investors. By that, we help SMEs to improve their cash flow, and for investors, we provide a new, short-term, and high-yielding asset class.
Our team consists of 30+ talented people from diverse backgrounds with a strong focus on software engineering (Google, ETH, etc.). We are proud to say we have 15 different nationalities on the team, and a growing presence of women in key roles. For our credit risk automation team, we are looking for a motivated Research Engineer with proficiency in Java and/or Kotlin.
What you will do:
- Work in a motivated team responsible for automating credit risk decisions that decide which companies are allowed on the Advanon platform
- Independently explore, combine, and consolidate new data sources that help automate decisions
- Develop microservices that provide intelligence for other parts of the business
- Support ongoing machine learning projects
What we expect:
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Strong software engineering background, including algorithms, design patterns, concurrency, and distributed computing
- Proficiency in Java and/or Kotlin
- Eagerness to learn about new technologies
- Thrive in working independently, with a passion for startups
- If applying for a remote position you are located near our timezone UTC+2 (+/- 3h)
- If applying for an in-house position you have a valid working permission for the EU or Switzerland
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + share option possibilities
- Spend time with an innovative and passionate group of professionals building an exceptional product
- Work in a great location in Zürich, with possibilities to travel to the other Berlin location
- Advaperks: an awesome benefits package including unlimited holidays, option to work remotely, paid hotel/flights for holiday, gym memberships, public transportation passes, and much more
Do you fit the profile we are seeking? If your profile fits our expectations we will get back to you within a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply?
Apply via this link: https://advanon.join.com/jobs/417