This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
People Operations Manager
We are a diverse team from around the world working together on a mission to make DuckDuckGo the world’s most trusted search engine, and we want your help!
Join us as a Senior People Operations Manager and become part of the team enhancing the employee experience at DuckDuckGo
As part of our small team, you will be collaborating mainly with our technical teams in all aspects of people operations, from recruiting, to relationship-building, and employee satisfaction. Examples of projects you might work on include facilitating team building workshops remotely for the technical organization,and developing a sustainable plan to build relationships within the organization, including developing measurements for employee engagement.
We are a remote company, meaning our employees can work wherever they want around the world. We empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their projects. If that seems awesome and you like the idea of our core values -- Build Trust, Question Assumptions, and Validate Direction -- you'll fit right in.
What you will do:
- Build relationships internally to identify challenges or problems with individuals, teams, and / or the company and propose improvements or solutions.
- Support team members on People Operations issues or grievances as needed.
- Consult with leaders in the organization to offer guidance.
- Provide full-cycle recruiting support, mainly for technical roles.
- Manage projects to help increase employee engagement within the technical organization.
- Collaborate with People Ops teammates on other projects as needed, included, but not limited to, benefits, employee onboarding, employee training, and company culture.
What we are looking for:
- Significant People Ops experience working in a technical organization or with technical teams
- Strong self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to effectively handle challenging and sensitive personnel situations, while maintaining confidentiality and exhibiting sound logic and judgment
- Understands and can successfully navigate organizational dynamics
- Ability to influence and persuade across leadership levels and functional areas
- Proven success and interest in managing a recruiting and hiring process
Other things to know:
- We are a small, remote team in different time zones and communicate with a variety of tools throughout the day. You should feel comfortable with the intricacies of this type of work situation.
- Sometimes we meet up! You can expect to travel at least 2x a year: once for our all-hands meetup and another for a team retreat (each ~4-5 days)
- We want to have a major impact on raising the standard of trust online. To do this we believe in a focused approach, with company-wide objectives, and with each team member working on a single top priority at a time.
- Our work philosophy is built upon empowered project management. All team members have opportunities to lead projects.
- All projects are run transparently, and we encourage everyone to participate in areas of interest throughout the company. Anyone and everyone can (and should) ask questions and offer feedback around the product and internal projects.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you using the application below.