This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
At Esanjo we create, build and invest in beautiful technology businesses. We're working on a number of interesting projects including Lochal (where we build consumer product for everyone else), Lunatap (an easy way to use Stripe in the real world) and a bunch of others!
Esanjo has a single HQ location out of Dubai, with the rest of the team spread out globally, remotely. By choosing to work with us, you're taking a decision to joining a highly productive, ambitious team where independence and flexibility are basic requirements whilst recognising that change is life's only constant. We deeply value being able to strike the right balance between work and life as we’re in this for the long haul.
Engineering at Esanjo
Our Product and Engineering teams combine design, frontend and backend. Whilst specialisation is important, we prefer cross functional teams that can take on any area of our product, at will. Our most effective people work across design and implementation, making the best technology decisions to build incredible products.
We aim to strike a balance between skilled senior engineers together with aspiring junior engineers, eager to develop their skills. We prefer not to hire directly into people management roles for our engineering teams and choose to grow individuals from within our organisation. Career progression doesn't necessarily mean managing people as our senior engineers influence far more than just engineering decisions.
We strongly believe that Esanjo is the right place to carry out career-defining work.
As a Python Engineer, you will:
1. Design, build and manage scalable applications
2. Contribute to our backend architecture as we grow while recognising the importance of agility, stability and availability
3. Build, support and manage projects across the organisation
4. Work with an agile, globally distributed team and be able to harness constructive feedback
5. Be proud of what you work on, while obsessing about the quality of what you produce
6. Have regular opportunities for career growth. We have a bias towards internal promotion into leadership roles
You'll experience what it is like to work in a fun, entrepreneurial and fast paced technology business!
A Python Engineer should:
1. Have a BA or a BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
2. Have at least five years of software engineering experience, with at least two years being dedicated to working with Python
3. Possess in-depth experience with primary Python constructs and ideally working knowledge of at least two Python frameworks
4. Be familiar with front-end build pipelines and tools
5. Have prior experience in a test driven development environment and architecting large applications
6. Understand the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architectures
7. Ideally have experience in designing and implementing APIs
8. Posses experience specifying and integrating with RESTful services
9. Ideally have previous experience in a startup or an established e-commerce business
10. Be creative, innovative, ideas and data driven
11. Be able to take on lots of responsibility, juggle deadlines and push for outcomes
12. Be able to work fluidly with a remote team
13. Have great written and verbal skills in English
14. Deliver no matter what it takes
15. Be lots of fun to work with!
A Python Engineer will receive:
1. Work from anywhere, around the world
2. Unlimited leave & flexible working hours
3. Competitive, tax-free pay! (varies by region)
4. Incredible co-workers (yes, really!)
5. Solid remote working benefits (which we're always updating)