This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Full Stack Django Developer
We are looking for exceptional and ambitious developers who enjoy working on all aspects of web development with a leaning towards the infrastructure and architectural aspects of the job. For the right candidate there will be opportunities to carve out a leading role in the infrastructure side of the business. We are looking for a developer who loves being part of a team but is also self-motivated and likes the idea of working remotely.
You will be keen to learn and leverage new technologies best suited to the task at hand. Our stack is broad and wide ranging: https://stackshare.io/much-better-adventures/much-better-adventure.
You will be joining a small, cross-functional product team and be expected to dig in to all facets of the products' development.
Your skills and experiences
- High level of experience in Django or another Python based framework.
- High level of experience in data storage technologies like PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch.
- High level of experience in container technologies Docker, AWS, and Heroku.
- Experience using ReactJS / Redux or similar frontend frameworks.
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks such as Selenium
- Any additional skills you can bring to the table are always welcome.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently - accountable for your own actions and able to act with both urgency and integrity
Your personal motivation;
We’re looking for people driven by 3 things;
- The ambition to build an industry-defining brand
- A passion for the outdoors and travel
- A desire to solve social and environmental problems through innovative business thinking
If you want disrupt one of the fastest growing sectors of travel, get a kick out of supporting local and independent businesses around the world, and are in your element on skis, a bike, a surfboard or something equally exciting, you are in the right place.
- Competitive salary with share options
- An entrepreneurial environment where great ideas are actively encouraged, and taking responsibility for them is expected
- Flexible working arrangements - work where/when you want
- 25 days paid holiday a year, plus 5 extra days to experience a Much Better Adventure or two each year.
- Monthly company meet-ups in a variety of inspiring and adventurous settings
- Budget and time for continued learning and self development, including courses, monthly audible/books budget, and access to training, classes and talks from Europe's leading entrepreneurs and mentors
- Budget for home-working set up, your choice of laptop etc
- Pension scheme (UK-based employees)
- The warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing you are making a huge difference to small independent business, local economies and communities. Did we mention our Foundation?
How to apply?
Please apply here: https://muchbetteradventures.workable.com/j/811F38F584