This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Full-Stack Angular Developer
- 40 hours per week
- 6 month contract
- €4000 and 2 days paid leave per month
The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) supports the humanitarian community with vital coordination and information services that save lives and improve access.
INSO is seeking an experienced and talented individual to join our team remotely as an Assistant Full-Stack Developer.
The Assistant Developer will support the team in the creation of INSO’s Conflict & Humanitarian Data Centre – a robust data entry and analysis suite used to record incidents and analyze conflicts around the world.
This position is open immediately.
Applicants should have experience in the following:
- Strong understanding of data modeling and storage with NoSQL and relational DBs such as CouchDB/PouchDB, MySQL, etc.
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern web development using HTML5 along with heavy offline webapp capabilities
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure and Active Directory, VM, server management, DNS, and SSL
- UI design and organization with SASS and SVG
- Experience in data processing and analysis with visualizations using D3
- Paramount attention to detail in webapp security
- Solid understanding of performance testing, deployment strategies, and DevOps
- The ability to learn quickly and use innovative technologies
- Be a conscientious team worker who meets commitments and deadlines and takes pride in being reliable within a multi-cultural team across different time zones
- Outstanding communication skills in English
The Assistant Developer will be responsible for providing substantial assistance in the design, implementation and maintenance of INSO’s Conflict & Humanitarian Data Centre. The system will be used in contexts where internet bandwidth is very limited or non-existent. User roles will be defined with different permissions that require interaction with each other across multiple countries. He/She will help develop the data entry and incident analysis phases of the application with the guidance of the IT Development Officer.
- Communication skills in French
- Experience with PHP and LAMP stack
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience developing software within a distributed computation framework
- Prior humanitarian or NGO experience
- Experience developing distributed systems, data visualization, or enterprise software systems
- Contributed to relevant open source projects or impressive portfolio
- Prior work in computer graphics with SVG web technologies
How to apply?
Please send your current CV, a cover letter, and any relevant software project samples as links or documents (optional) to email@example.com with a subject containing the text “INSO Assistant Developer 2018”