This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Software Test Engineer
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. (ISC) is a non-profit company whose mission is to support the infrastructure of the Internet. In pursuit of this goal, we have a team dedicated to developing open-source Internet infrastructure software. ISC develops BIND 9, the Internet's most popular DNS server, and ISC DHCP, an implementation of the dynamic host configuration protocol. We are also actively developing Kea, the replacement for ISC DHCP.
As part of that development programme, we are looking for a full-time Test Development Engineer. Working in the QA department, the successful candidate will initially be working on Kea, developing and implementing test scripts and systems for ISC's automated test environment. As well as being responsible for running the tests and reporting results, the candidate will also be expected to take an active part in debugging problems found and following up the problem through to resolution. Other responsibilities will include assisting in the administration of the build and test farm.
Although ISC is located in Redwood City, California (USA) and a number of staff are based there, most of ISC's staff work from their homes throughout the USA and the rest of the world. This position is suitable for home working and is open to anyone regardless of nationality. Note that occasional travel to the company's USA offices will be required.
- At least 2 years of experience as a developer, test automation developer, or QA software test developer
- Ability to create and execute performance, functional, integration, security and regression tests
- Knowledge of networking, both from a theoretical as well as a practical standpoint
- Strong general troubleshooting skills, with ability to assess, document and solve complex issues
- Strong familiarity - including administrative experience - with Unix/BSD/Linux operating systems
- Experience with various analytic and diagnostic network tools such as tcpdump, netstat, wireshark, dig, etc.
- Scripting experience: Bourne/bash shell
- Understanding of DHCP and DNS
- Specific experience with ISC core products: BIND, ISC-DHCP, Kea
- C/C++ Programming experience
- Experience with one or more of Perl and Python
- Experience with one or more of Jenkins and gitlab-ci
- Technical Aptitude (ability to interpret technical specifications, retain and utilize knowledge acquired from application and product training)
- Communication Skills (ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and via the written word, in support of typical duties such as weekly status reports)
- Planning: ability to assess/assign tasks and provide level-of-effort estimates for completion
How to apply?
Please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com