This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Customer Success Engineer
We're looking for strong technologists who are good at talking directly to customers.
Platform.sh the award-winning PaaS solution is looking for a talented customer support engineer who is passionate about site uptime and happy customers.
Our customers run thousands of web applications in over 100 countries consuming 10s of thousands of CPUs on multiple public clouds. We were shipping containers before Docker, our sales team can explain the CAP Theorem. We can clone whole running systems, including the data, services, and networking in a matter seconds. The main API to operate and orchestrate our clusters of LXC containers is Git. We're hardcore technologists with equally hardcore customers.
Our customers need top-notch support to master the Platform.sh fun. Can you explain the intricacies of command line tools? We run OEM PaaS services for famous brands like Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition and Sensio Cloud - can you help us build and run these vibrant software products?
As a Customer Success Engineer, based in Europe, you liaise with customers with concerns and feed the engineering team with feedbacks. You will also be essential for diagnostics and debugging of failing applications and systems, and you have a strong mandate to help us automate and streamline everything we do. You are periodically on call in case disaster strikes. You're our front line, and when our customers think of how great Platform.sh is, they think of you.
- diagnose and debug failing applications and systems
- respond to customer inquiries concerns and suggestions about our product in a timely manner
- deploy and configure cloud resources
- participate in on-call response to high priority tickets and incidents
- troubleshoot issues pertaining to the infrastructure running customer applications
- active participation to automation and streamlining projects
- Extensive experience with web applications of various kinds. PHP, Node.js, and Python applications are especially important to our current business
- Experience with IaaS solutions, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: demoing products, explaining value and fielding technical, process and business-related questions
- Ability to do the job in exquisite written and spoken English
- Deep understanding of complete, modern hosting stacks
- Experience with CDNs
- Knowledge of DNS
- Understanding of SSL certificates and encryption
- Ability to use Git
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Magento Ecommerce, Symfony, Drupal, eZ Platform, or Typo3
- Relational database skills
- Public speaking experience
- Blogging or writing experience
- Experience as a performing musician, competitive athlete, dancer, actor, scout, sailor, or magician
- Ability to kick ass in Chess or Go
- A passion for photography, painting, or home brewing beer