This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Chief Marketing Officer
About the job
Make the web faster and impact the world with your talent.
We’re currently seeking an experienced Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to define strategic plan and lead implementation of marketing strategy for our main product WP Rocket.
WP Rocket is a premium caching plugin that provides both lightning speed for WordPress websites and easy set up. To minimize the configuration needed by the site owner, WP Rocket enables the key best web performance practices upon activation.
It’s the most user-friendly caching plugin: the ability to empathize with our customers, in order to improve their experience with the plugin is very important. We also pride ourselves on providing fast and friendly support to make sure our customers are happy!
As CMO of WP Rocket, you will lead outreach to new potential customers and drive customers acquisition and retention, development and execution of marketing programs, performance metrics, promotional strategies, or loyalty programs. You will work closely with our Chief Growth Officer (CGO) and a content writer on our website content, and emailing campaigns.
You will also work with CEO, CGO and COO in a board of directors each month to define and share your strategic plan and results.
Your job will include:
- Define, write and drive all marketing communication activities to ensure customers acquisition, conversion and retention
- Define, write and oversee marketing communication campaigns
- Orchestrate our team of experts (SEO, Design, Developers, Social media …)
- Develop and maintain key metrics measuring of marketing and communication efforts, to be reported monthly and as requested
- Implement marketing communications tools and technologies
- Collaborate with our Product Owner on product communication strategy
- Strong communication skills and the right balance in independence are important: to work with several teammates in remote, clear communication and self-motivation are essential.
- Open, curious, you’re innovative, creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things. You have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as CMO for a product company and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, write, and management.
- Data-driven decision mentality, your mindset is firmly focused on the growth of a remote start-up, focused on the WordPress market, and international customers.
What we need is the following:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as CMO for a product company
- Time zone Europe
- Outstanding written, visual, and oral communication skills
- Registration, subscription, and/or e-commerce experience is required (manage marketing funnel through conversion)
- Ability to easily shift from big picture strategy to hands-on execution.
- Experience with segmentation & targeting (CRM), acquisition & retention (LTV), pricing & revenue (P&L and RPU) and conversion reporting & analytics (KPI).
- Strong web analytics experience (Google Analytics)
- Email Marketing expertise
- Ability to flexibly adapt to a constantly growing landscape
- Demonstrated ability to work with inside and outside resources
- Experience with WordPress is a plus
- In love with cats, corgies or both