This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Senior Database Reliability Engineer
About the role
CircleCI is seeking its first Database Reliability Engineer to work closely with our Site Reliability and Software Engineers to deliver and manage the high-performance and scalable data persistence layer underlying our multi-tenant Cloud offering as well as our Server-installed, on-premises solution. You will not only have the chance to automate and optimize infrastructure through the construction of appropriate tooling, but you will help software engineers through the design phase to select, design, and optimize the data persistence for their services.
CircleCI uses multiple datastores to support its platform, including Postgres, Mongo, and Redis.
What will make you successful:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the internal workings of at least one of Postgres, Mongo, Redis
- A collaborative approach to aiding software engineers in the development of fast and reliable data-driven applications
- Deep understanding of the tradeoffs in datastore selection and the implications for application design
- Passion for modern software development and operation, including agile, CI/CD, and infrastructure-as-code
- Experience managing large-scale database systems in a cloud environment
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Proficiency in one or more of: C, C++, Java, Python, Go
- A strong desire for continuous improvement
- 8+ years of experience
What you will do:
- Design and deliver solutions to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of CircleCI’s data storage layer
- Engage in datastore capacity planning and demand forecasting, anticipating performance bottlenecks
- Diagnose and resolve production issues in conjunction with software engineering teams
- Architect and implement tooling used by all services within the CircleCI platform, for both SaaS and on-prem configurations
- Support and advise software engineering teams in the design of scalable services
- Participate in rotating on-call duties, including incident management
- Define the requirements for a growing discipline of DBRE at CircleCI
How to apply?
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and let us know why you’d be a great fit for our team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, etc.) we would love to hear about it. https://jobs.lever.co/circleci/18707723-9314-47c0-8f21-65b13060f1af?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=EuropeRemotely