This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Contract Lead/Senior Ruby on Rails Developer (2-3 months)
BEING A RUBY ON RAILS DEVELOPER AT BIT ZESTY
As a Contract Lead Ruby on Rails Developer at Bit Zesty you will be working alongside the product management and UX design teams to make the products we build rock-solid and scalable.
It is the perfect opportunity for someone who is experienced in creating dynamic web applications and passionate about clean code and is looking for a short contract (2-3 months).
- Take wireframes/mockups and user stories and build systems that meet the requirements
- Create user-friendly web app interfaces by working closely with UX designers and front-end developers
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
- Devops: improve automation of the software development process.
- Identify performance issues and bugs, and provide solutions to these problems.
- Work with other team members to ensure we are building the right product
- Participate in code reviews
- Pair-program with other developers or discuss possible technical architectures
- Contribute to creating a culture of writing excellent software
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years experience developing applications with Ruby on Rails
- Expert in HTML, CSS & JS
- Excellent knowledge of SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB/CouchDB/ElasticSearch)
- Passion for good user experience
- Passion for technology
- Superb organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject
WHAT WE OFFER
- A friendly, open-minded and collaborative team working closely with the CTO
- Autonomy, we don't micromanage our teams
- Challenging environment - you will be working on new complex projects
- Day rate dependent on experience (200-300 EUR)