This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Senior Erlang Developer
About the Job:
You will join our top talented engineers on the Crawlera team in making the world a better place for web crawler developers.
Crawlera is a smart downloader designed specifically for web crawling and scraping. It allows crawler developers to crawl quickly and reliably by managing thousands of proxies internally. It is part of the Scrapinghub platform, the world’s most comprehensive web crawling stack which powers crawls of over 4 billion pages a month.
- Develop, maintain and support a high load distributed system.
- Analyze our current and historical Crawlera usage to augment and enhance its routing and rotation logic.
- Leverage the Scrapinghub platform to provide extended functionality, both to end users and for internal purposes.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues with distributed crawling at scale.
- Liaison with other platform teams to provide Crawlera with the best possible integration to the growing Scrapinghub platform.
- 2+ years of production experience with Erlang.
- Good communication in written English.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX, HTTP and Networking.
- Python Knowledge.
- Familiarity with techniques and tools for crawling, extracting and processing data.
- Knowledge of ELK, Graylog, Docker and Mesos.
- Good spoken English.
- Previous remote working experience.