This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Full Stack Engineer- Ruby on Rails
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are hiring software engineers to join our Swiftype core engineering team and work on our search platform and products that power hundreds of millions of queries a month.
What You Will Do
- Build next-generation search products to help our customers effortlessly find the information they need
- You will write flexible systems to efficiently and quickly consume a multitude of datasets
- Improve, maintain, and scale the Swiftype search platform and help create a tighter integration with Elasticsearch
- Create internal tools to help our sales and support teams guide our customers to success
Our Team Style
- You will join a small team of generalist engineers who work across the entire software stack
- You work well collaboratively and enjoy growing and learning together
- You are not afraid of hard problems, but are pragmatic about what you spend time on
- You will help us to deliver new functionality frequently and safely
Technologies In Use
- Rails, Resque, jQuery, React, and Redux
- Elasticsearch, MySQL, MongoDB, Kestrel, Hadoop+Hive, and Redis
- Grafana+Graphite+StatsD, Nagios, Sentry, and New Relic
- Nginx, Unicorn, Puma, and HAProxy
- Chef, Jenkins, Slack, and Git
- You possess excellent practical judgement. You should know how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems
- Experience with or ability to learn the technologies we use
- You are able to take complex product goals and efficiently deliver working software in logically consumable pieces
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code samples, links to personal projects, etc.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.