This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer, DevOps
Note: Although this is a remote position, we are currently only seeking candidates in the EMEA region, or in the Americas within EST, CST or MST timezones.
Hotjar is looking for a motivated and inventive DevOps Engineer to support and expand our cloud-based infrastructure used by thousands of sites around the world. The Hotjar infrastructure currently processes more than 21,000 requests per second, delivers over a billion pieces of static content every week and hosts databases well into terabyte-size ranges, making this an interesting and meaningful opportunity.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a fast growing remote startup in a key position.
In this position, you will:
- Setup and scale the infrastructure that powers our applications.
- Come up with new ideas and implementations to tackle issues that come from user growth.
- Craft tools that allow us to iterate fast while keeping a stable service to our users.
- Boost the performance and reliability of our systems.
- Ensure all necessary monitoring, alerting and backup solutions are in place.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is $82,000 to $112,000 (Americas) or €70,000 to €95,000 (EMEA), annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered to our new team member will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other new team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- Strong working knowledge of Amazon AWS.
- 5 or more years of professional experience in a DevOps or SRE position.
- Experience with Python, Nginx and PostgreSQL.
- Good to have: Kubernetes, Kafka, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Jenkins, Terraform, Vagrant, Docker.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third party.