This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
// Who are we?
Hazy is an AI start-up that helps people to use data whilst treating it responsibly. We’re a spin-out from the University College London’s (UCL) Centre for Computation, Mathematics and Physics. Earlier this year we secured $1 million in funding after winning the Innovate AI award from Microsoft’s venture fund (M12) - they identified us as one of the most innovative companies harnessing the power of artificial intelligence. Alongside this, we have recently closed a large seed round with some of the world's top VC's - and now we’re scaling, fast.
Our team is comprised of a diverse group from around the globe and we are all committed to striving for transparency and excellence in everything we do. If you're interested in joining a business at the cutting edge of AI and you're eager to make a difference in the realm of privacy and data ethics, we’d love to hear from you.
// What are we doing?
We're building a data sharing platform with real utility value. We have a strong Data Science focus, using ML and AI to analyse and anonymise data to make it easier to share and collaborate around data responsibly. Hazy provides much needed visibility over how companies share data both internally and externally, including legal and access controls to help meet regulatory requirements. Our advanced technology allows us to analyse data, understand risk and optimise trade-offs between privacy and utility.
// The Role
Hazy is looking for a Frontend Developer to join our existing team of world-class Engineers. As our first dedicated Frontend hire, you’ll have the opportunity to define best practices around UX, product design, and Frontend development in general. You can be based in our London HQ, or work remotely within Europe.
- Maintaining our design systems and their application across our products / web properties
- Playing a key part in the product development lifecycle from the inception and specification of stories through implementation to rollout and maintenance
- Collaborating directly with the broader team of [product, tech, founders, data science]
- You will be supported by the wider tech team to build an innovative product using new and existing tools
- Championing agile behaviours and the continuous delivery of non-trivial technical and product features
- Encouraging a healthy balance between short-term pragmatism and long-term perfectionism
- Helping to define and promote best practices across a motivated and growing team
- Experience in agile product development is essential
- Strong working knowledge and exposure to modern JS frameworks (we use Vue.js)
- Not being afraid to get your hands dirty with server side templating and maybe even some view code using Phoenix / EEX with support from the rest of the tech team
- Confidence in converting user requirements into elegant and intuitive features
- A desire to build for the long run, including the scalability and maintainability of different aspects of the product
// What else is on offer?
- Competitive salary and package
- State of the art kit - let us know what tools you need to do your job to the best of your ability
- Generous holiday allowance
- We take your personal, and career development really seriously - we’ll work closely together to scope out clear objectives and goals that will ensure you keep developing.
Hazy is committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age.