Motivated ASP.Net (C#) Web Developer
Passionate about web development? Have plenty of ASP.Net c# experience? Looking for a remote role with a team whose values match yours?
We need an ambitious, motivated and talented developer to join our distributed team.
You will be part of a small team, supporting and implementing a number of web projects, both small and large. As the ongoing success of all our clients is important to us, you will be involved with maintenance & support, bug fixing and adding new features to existing sites.
You will be working remotely as part of a globally distributed team. This takes a high level of motivation and the ability to self manage. You will also be communicating with clients directly. This requires excellent written and verbal English communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally with both technical and non-technical people.
On top of all that every member of our team is encouraged to spend a portion of their on the job time working on projects that have societal value. This might include open source development, charity projects or training and assisting other organisations. We want you to be as excited about that prospect as the rest of the team!
- are willing to be measured by your output and the value you bring, not the hours you log
- are keen to take responsibility and use your experience, ideas and energy to drive the project to success
- are outstanding at communicating both verbally and in written English (and more than tech-speak!)
- are detail oriented and meticulous about quality
- are constantly looking to learn and improve
- understand how important good, disciplined process is; in software development as well as communication and project management
You need to:
- be experienced in C#, ASP.NET MVC and all the attending alphabet soup (including MSSQL)
- have an understanding of front end coding (HTML/CSS and JS frameworks)
- experience of the open source CMS Umbraco is a huge benefit too
- The tools we use matter only because of the results they enable us to deliver. Therefore, the ideal person will bring the correct mindset, ability to learn and adapt along with as wide a range of technical experience as possible.
What’s in it for you?
You will bring your experience, ideas and energy to the role. As part of a small, fun team you will be much more than just another cog in the wheel. There is huge opportunity to further develop your technical skills.
On top of that, a vital part of our purpose is working on projects and with organisations that have real societal impact. You need to be as excited about that prospect as the rest of the team!
Location & Hours
This role is remote, much of the time you can work from anywhere – well almost – anywhere within 2 hours of the UK timezone. We are more interested in results than micro-managing which means there is a some flexibility in your exact working hours.
Twice each year we meet-up for about a week to work together. Recent locations have included Morocco, Madeira, Bulgaria and Scotland.
We really mean this, it’s not just a throw-away phrase nor does it mean taking less holidays. The minimum is 28 days annually and, so long as the work gets done, we encourage as much other time away as possible. You must take at least one continuous 2 week break per year.
We are an eclectic group and want to work with people who bring enthusiasm and energy, have values they care about and are able to be both professional and fun. If that describes you, then please get in touch!
As a young, small company we acknowledge and celebrate our current diversity and are working to become more diverse.
How to apply
These are some tips you'll find useful.
- We value your cover note. This will be an example of your fluency in written English so pay attention to details. Applications are filtered by a former English teacher. Just saying.
- Refer to our criteria and tell us why you would be great for this specific role and our team.
We don't point these things out to discourage you, but to support you in getting past our initial filtering process. We're really excited to see your amazing application!