This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Swiftype - Integrations Engineer
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Swiftype is a growing team of talented search engineers with a range of experiences and backgrounds. As an Integrations Engineer at Swiftype, you will take on a variety of responsibilities that will range from building example applications to showcasing the power and flexibility of the Swiftype Search platform. You'll communicate directly with customers in order to intuitively assess their needs, helping them to achieve their search goals while also refining our developer tools and knowledge base. If you see yourself as much a teacher as a coder, this position will be a terrific fit for you.
What You Will Do:
- Excellent practical judgment. You should know how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems.
- Experience working with one or more of WordPress, Magento, Drupal, Joomla, Shopify, PrestaShop, etc.
- Working knowledge of PHP.
- Experience working with Git and a command line.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
What You Bring Along:
- 2+ years experience as a web developer.
- Experience building plugins for or customizing WordPress, Magento, Drupal, Joomla, Shopify, PrestaShop, etc.
- A passion for user experience and crafting intuitive interactions on the web.
- Experience working with REST/JSON APIs.
- Experience using browser tools to test, profile, and debug modern web applications.
- Experience gathering requirements from modern design tools like Figma and Sketch.
- Experience working with Customer Support and incorporating feedback.
- Familiarity with Open Source projects and communities.
- Experience writing technical blog posts and presenting at conferences.
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you. Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code examples, links to personal projects, etc.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.