This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Rockstar Full Stack Developer
Riotly Social Media is 90% remote working company that helps small and medium brands leverage and maximise the value of Instagram through an algorithmic system that targets and interacts with the right followers. However, we are also developing a new product in the remote working collaboration space. We are in a unique position where we have an established mature product, yet at the same time exploring a unique space that is part of an exciting growing trend of remote working.
Join our growing team as a remote worker or, if you are from HK, you may join us in our office. Get to know us! https://vanna.com/companies/explore/riotlysocial
- You are responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users, as well as translating the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce the visual elements of the application. You will also design the overall architecture of the web application and evolve it to ensure maximum performance and stability.
- Aside from designing the overall architecture, you will implement a robust set of services and APIs, build reusable code and libraries for future use, optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability. You will also handle implementation of security and data protection, translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements, integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application and implementation of scripts for automating tasks for improving our services
- You will have proficient knowledge of one or more back-end programming language (e.g. Nodejs, Python), understand differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs, desktop), and optimize output to match the specific platform, good understanding of server-side templating languages, good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (e.g. Sass, Less), creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- You also have ample knowledge in data migration, transformation, and scripting, management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes, understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application, and the ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- You also have basic knowledge of image authoring tools, ability to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus, proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g Git), familiarity with development aiding tools (e.g. Webpack), understanding of Google Cloud Services and Docker Technologies, proficient communication skill in English
What we offer:
To land this gig, you must be flexible, have some experience in developing uber-cool designs and enjoy working with people from different cultures! Of course, you must be open to learning and able to speak out your mind! But, this is not just an ordinary team. For you to be able to join us, you must be ready to take on steep challenges, committed to learning and do whatever it takes (including performing boring tasks) to get an application off the ground.
Here are some things we offer:
- Work remotely, live and work anywhere you like!
- 1 annual company retreat to an exoctic place
- Learning and development stipend
- Work productivity stipend if you need a place to work or better internet
Also check out our culture here! https://vanna.com/companies/explore/riotlysocial
If this is for you, please go to https://app.hundred5.com/2E17JZOLDMMJ569FV39 and take our initial test!
How to apply?
Please take this test - https://app.hundred5.com/2E17JZOLDMMJ569FV39