This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Senior Embedded Linux Developer with C/Python
Analytics Fire builds custom software for the solar power industry. We’re looking for a senior embedded developer with deep experience developing, testing, and debugging embedded software in a Linux environment to help us expand our services to support manufacturers in additional new high-tech sectors.
Analytics Fire is a small, distributed team working on a range of interesting projects. For example, last year we helped build a custom IoT platform for utility grade solar power plants, sales software for residential solar systems, and a machine-learning powered autonomous cleaning robot. We’re looking for a fun, reliable, and highly collaborative, senior developer to join our team.
This is a remote position. We’re flexible about location and hours, so long as your working hours are within a European or US-overlapping time zone. We’re a really great match for a senior developer who wants to work hard on interesting projects, while simultaneously having flexibility around time and geography.
Skills & Requirements
Ideally, you should have 5+ years developing, testing, and debugging embedded software in a Linux environment. You should be comfortable autonomously driving your own high quality / high velocity contributions using a range of technologies.
- Expert level experience developing, testing and debugging embedded software in a Linux environment
- Development experience using Python, C, and C++
- Expert-level network systems experience using connman, BTLE, and dbus
- Basic hardware experience (cabling, basic troubleshooting)
- 5+ years Linux administration experience; Expert-level Linux scripting skills
- Basic understanding of web technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Previous experience creating custom Linux-based systems using Yocto
Analytics Fire has a very polyglot technical culture. Our ideal candidate has expert-level skills in the above categories, but also have a secondary skill set in one of the following areas:
- DevOps automation
- Full stack software engineering (React, Angular)
- Scientific computing with C++ and Python
- Computer vision / machine learning (PhD-level)