Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D’Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet—connecting thousands of elite engineers all over the world. In the last four years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-tier engineering talent and for the top 3% of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate DevOps Engineer with a background in systems, programming, and networking. To excel in this role, you must be a detail-oriented perfectionist capable of monitoring infrastructure and operations to ensure high availability and performance of web applications and services. This position will require working on development, networking, security, and system administration while working with development and product teams to maintain the reliability of existing and new features as they're tested and deployed, as well as with infrastructure teams on efficient automation, scaling, and security of our infrastructure and network.
- Freedom to choose your own schedule and choose from a variety of hourly, part-time, and full-time projects.
- The ability to work from wherever you want. Whether you prefer traveling and working from exotic beaches or spending time with your family and working from home, the choice is yours.
- Access to a thriving, collaborative community of talented peers.
- Invitations to frequent Toptal events going on around the world, including dinners, tech talks, conferences, and more.
- Extremely competitive compensation.
- Automate provisioning, deployment, and scaling of software infrastructure.
- Work with other teams to ensure testing is automated and streamlined.
- Make sure services are dynamically scalable, highly, available and fault tolerant.
- Develop a monitoring, alerting, and anomaly detection framework for our services.
- Analyze system performance and devise solutions for bottlenecks and other issues.
- Make sure all systems have a highly secure and up-to-date configuration.
- Work with developers on troubleshooting and bug investigation.
- Ability to learn and use a wide array of open source technologies and tools.
- Intimate knowledge of Linux debugging, scripting, and configuration management.
- Experience with writing infrastructure-as-code.
- Experience with automated build systems.
- Advanced knowledge of source control management systems (git).
- Familiarity with security principles and networking.
- Strong experience with continuous integration and delivery.
- Ability to work on large multi-team projects with a high level of independence.
- Be open to receiving feedback.