Frontend Software Engineer
What we're looking for
LaterPay is looking for a full time Frontend Software Engineer to join our distributed tech team. You’ll work on various frontend applications, building new features, as well as maintaining and fixing existing code.
We’re looking to hire someone at a senior engineer level or higher. At LaterPay, a senior engineer is expected to:
- Translate ideas into projects with discrete tasks.
- Give guidance & unblock others on their team/area.
- Be sought out by others as a technical resource.
- Seek design/architecture or specialized input when needed (and knows when it’s needed)
- Make good, informed decisions around technical debt and tradeoffs.
- Communicate with non-technical team members to give technical advice.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working within a cross functional team of Product Managers, UX designers and backend developers to understand the requirements and scope that drive the design of technical solutions
- Writing reusable components and associated styling
- Writing unit and integration tests
- Setting up and managing appropriate tooling
- Assisting with documentation of new features, contributing to the documentation of existing ones.
- Finding and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Help identify and fix front-end bugs and issues
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience with React, Redux, and Webpack
It is very important that you are able to hit the ground running with our existing React-based UIs.
- Experience with or exposure to some other tools which exist in our projects : Stylable, TypeScript and Python (useful, but not strictly required)
- A solid surface/contextual-level understanding of “the full web stack”.
We don’t expect you to know the mechanics of a DNS SOA record, for example, but knowing the right tool to use for a given task is important, as is knowing enough to start asking helpful question.
- A good command of written English
Communication is vital, especially as a distributed team, where most tools we use don’t communicate tone or body language.
Who we are
We at LaterPay are proud to be at the forefront of the digital awakening by pushing for an Internet of choice that empowers both content providers and consumers. We are part of the solution by providing essential tools for the Internet of choice. Our mission is to make it super easy and convenient for users to access content. Providing a running tab for all digital purchases across websites, currencies and platforms, and eliminating upfront registration and payment, is just the beginning.
How we work
LaterPay has around 50 people spread over 12+ countries in time zones from UTC-8 to UTC+2. We’re a distributed team, though we have offices in Munich (DE) and New York (US).
We care more about the things you do than your presence at a chair at a desk at 9am every day. That said, most of us work Monday - Friday from 9ish UTC to 6ish UTC, and ideally you’ll have at least four hours of overlap with that. We try to be as asynchronous as possible, but still feel that we need some “synchronicity” to work well.
If this sounds interesting, please apply and let us know what you bring to the table: https://laterpay-jobs.personio.de/job/86203
We will be accepting applications until September 5th, 2018.
Up to €75,000 / year