This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Travis CI is looking for an engineering manager to join our engineering team. Engineering managers help our developers stay focused, organize their work, and keep track of progress on project and company goals.
The main goal of an engineering manager is a healthy and effective team. This involves developing and implementing software development processes and frameworks with the team, facilitating team communication, and supporting developers’ professional growth.
We are looking for candidates with 4+ years of experience of engineering management or equivalent experience. Experience with remote and widely distributed teams is preferred. We welcome and encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Help developers organize and plan their work, and track team progress on development project goals.
- Remove roadblocks holding up the team’s or individual member’s progress.
- Plan and help manage the development team schedule; balancing the company’s needs with the individuals’ preferences for work schedule.
- Have an architectural overview of our systems and discuss technical decisions with your team; encourage quality in engineering to maintain and improve the reliability of our product.
- Participate in code reviews and occasionally do hands-on development work like pair-programming.
- Help manage our support and on-call rotations.
- Ensure communication between developers and other departments (especially Product, Creative, and Customer Support) is bi-directional and effective for building required deliverables and developer satisfaction.
- Implement and manage tools that increase visibility of developer work.
- Participate in planning sessions with product management.
- Help to improve remote collaboration within our distributed team.
- Hold 1:1 meetings that foster professional development and track progress on employee-specific goals.
- Help employees to align personal career goals with company initiatives and needs.
About Travis CI
Travis CI is a continuous integration platform: We help developers test, integrate, and ship their code, increasing the confidence, reliability, and speed of their development process.
We strive to give back to the open source software (OSS) community. 95% of our code is open source, and we expect our builders to understand the tools, ethos, and benefits of a strong open source community. Travis CI is run as a hosted service, free for open source, and a paid product for private code. We also have an on-site offering for large enterprises who prefer to use their own infrastructure to run Travis CI (Travis CI Enterprise).
We are a growing, bootstrapped business headquartered in Berlin, Germany with a team distributed across the globe. Our goal is to help developers build better software. Travis CI is building a profitable, sustainable business for the long run.
Our core company values are openness, diversity, collaboration, and empathy. Travis CI strives to be a diverse team, made of and built by people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, accessibility needs, age, religion, color, or any other group.
Location/Travel: Being a distributed team, you can work from wherever you want
Flexible working hours: You choose your working hours. We understand life comes with responsibilities and complications, and we encourage all our employees to spend time tending to them.
Time-off: You will have a minimum of 25 days off - and you must take all of them, and at least two weeks together consecutively. We know things at work can be busy and exciting, but want to help make sure you are happy and healthy, and time away is important for that.
Health Benefits: Your health insurance is partially covered by Travis CI. We’ll cover 50% of your health insurance, up to €350 per month, no matter where you are.
How to apply?
Send a resume here: https://travisci.workable.com/jobs/793429/candidates/new