This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Front-end + WordPress Developer
We are looking for talented mid-level to senior developers specializing in front-end and WordPress projects.
Type of employment
Remote freelance contractor (with a possibility for future full-time employment in Kraków’s office).
Tired of spending your valuable time dealing with clients directly, estimating, proposing, invoicing, and looking for clients who disappear just when the bill is due? When you join our team as a freelance contractor, we’ll handle all of this for you.
- Work the hours that best fit your schedule.
- Work from the comfort of your own home.
- We engage the clients and win the projects so that you can focus on your passion: creating amazing code.
- Our hourly rate is in the range of $20-30 USD / hour. Most of our projects have fixed budgets agreed upon in advance so the more skillful you are, the more you can earn.
- If you are from Kraków, you are welcome to work from our office located in the city center.
- You are able to deliver projects on time and with high-quality.
- You have passion for development and continuous self-education in your area of expertise.
- You have code samples showing all your relevant skills. Each code sample is a non-trivial example showing your best skills and knowledge.
- You have a consistent coding style and passion for well-organized, clean code.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Very good knowledge of modern front-end development: HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Web Design, Performance Optimization, Accessibility.
- Good knowledge of CSS preprocessors: SCSS is preferred.
- Good knowledge of scalable and maintainable CSS Architecture methodologies (BEM, ITCSS).
- Very good knowledge of WordPress.
- Ability to WordPress themes and WordPress plugins from scratch.
- Very good programming skills and knowledge of general principles (DRY, abstraction, KISS, code refactoring and optimization, etc).
- Very good knowledge of PHP and OOP principles.
- Good knowledge of Git version control system.
- Ability to work with the command line and modern WordPress development frameworks like our custom framework Chisel https://www.getchisel.co/
- Pixel precision and a basic aesthetics sense.
How to apply?
This is how our recruitment process works: 1) Apply here: https://xfive.recruitee.com/o/frontend-wordpress-developer 2) We will check your application and code examples to see if you would be a good fit to our team. 3) If you pass the initial screening, we will invite you to do our Front-end / WordPress test project https://github.com/xfiveco/fe-wp-test 4) If you pass the test, we will invite you to a call or on-site interview focused on technical skills and knowledge. 5) If you pass the 1st interview, we will invite you the 2nd interview focused on soft-skills. 6) If you pass the 2nd interview, you will become a member of Xfive. Congratulations! :) For more details check out our blog post How we hire great developers https://www.xfive.co/blog/how-we-hire-great-developers/.