This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Senior Backend Web Developer
We are looking for an experienced web developer to work on a wide range of projects relating to our backend web servers. This is a key role for the growth of IVPN; we are looking for exceptional applicants with deep experience, knowledge and who are able to work independently and under pressure to enable us continue to deliver against our aggressive product and company objectives.
You'll be responsible for:
- You'll develop well designed, testable, efficient code using best software development practices
- You'll work with front-end developers and other project stakeholders to integrate user-facing elements
- You'll work on improving our backend architecture
- You'll refactor, optimize, and improve the existing codebase for scale
- You'll create and maintain software documentation
- Strong experience with PHP 7.x and the Laravel framework
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Knowledge of secure coding practices
- Fluent in SQL and able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Ideally experience working in a remote, globally-distributed, agile team environment.
- Experience with DevOps responsibilities is a plus