Hardware Hacker in Residence
On being a Hardware Hacker in Residence at Resin.io
Building an IoT project is hard. We want to show developers that resin.io can help, and inspire them to build projects with our platform. We’ve solved the infrastructure problems so developers can focus on their applications. Through examples and content, we want them to see how the resin toolkit works in the real world.
That means creating cool hardware projects (machine learning on a Raspberry Pi, for example), highlighting customer case studies, building integrations with third party tools, and writing content to communicate the value of resin. It also means sharing and promoting our story in a way that resonates with developers and engaging with our community members. You’ll help us spread the message by showing people what’s possible with resin.io.
- Build hardware projects that demonstrate the power of resin.io.
- Write up tutorials, blog posts, and case studies.
- Share your projects and content with developers.
- Engage with resin community members and help them build projects of their own.
- Partner with other communities to build integrations and show how our platforms work well together.
- Encourage resin.io team members to share their own projects, and help highlight interesting work from the team.
Need to have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English).
- Able to understand and empathize with developers and IoT project owners (maybe you are one yourself!)
- Able to turn technical details into clear and interesting content.
- Passionate about trying new technologies and always curious to learn new things.
- Willing and able to develop a deep understanding of the resin.io platform.
- Interested in hacking on hardware projects.
- Highly organized, able to handle many threads at once, and keep things moving.
- Self-motivated and able to drive results without too much management.
- Desire to make yourself and others more effective. You’re always looking for ways to improve the process.
Nice to have:
- Technical or engineering background.
- Experience with resin.io-related technologies (e.g. Docker, Linux, IoT devices like the Raspberry Pi).
- Experience creating and promoting developer-focused tutorials and content.
- Work with extremely talented, diverse team
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible working hours
- Generous vacation policy
- Annual company gathering in an international location
- We send you hardware for side projects!
About working at Resin.io
We come from 15+ countries, and we embrace a remote culture with flexible hours. To us, this means being highly productive while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance. You need to be able to work remotely, and have a dependable internet access available so you can join video calls.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We maintain a work environment in which team members are treated with respect at all times and in which thoughts and ideas can be shared openly.
We communicate proposals, discuss with others in the team and accept feedback if it makes the result better. We value the ability to learn, which is more important to us than knowledge of specific technologies. We know that learning fast means being outside our comfort zone, which is OK -- we'd rather learn than let our assumptions get in our way.