ISV DevOps Solution Engineer
For over 20 years, SUSE has delivered innovative and robust solutions for our enterprise customers. We are currently seeking an Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Solution Architect to work closely with SUSE ISV Partner Managers to onboard key ISVs into the SUSE Partner ecosystem for SUSE Container as a Service Platform and SUSE Cloud Application Platform.
The role requires extensive Linux skills, and candidate must have experience with modern software development and DevOps processes. Technical skills and capabilities need to be balanced with very strong inter-personal skills and business awareness to be able to work closely with our partners and become their trusted advisor, as well as with other SUSE internal teams.
This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Director of the ISV Partner Program. Frequent travel across region will be a requirement.
- Understand Partner’s application delivery roadmap including container and cloud initiatives.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of SUSE products, platforms and technologies and articulate the key values of SUSE products, solution and strategy to Partner.
- Act as subject matter expert on Partner technology to SUSE functional teams.
- Work with Partner developers and architects in certification activities.
- Guide Partners in their adoption of micro services and making containers consumable to shared customers.
- Architect joint DevOps and microservices solutions that showcase SUSE and Partner technology and deliver in the form of reference architectures, best practices, whitepapers, proof of concepts, demos, presentations, and other methods.
- Lead technical discussions with selected ISVs and recommend solutions.
- Assist in defining and evolving strategy for SUSE ISVs.
- Take part and present at various technical events, conferences, and workshops.
- 5+ years of experience working in enterprise application development
- Good knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodology and strong DevOps skills applied to achieve better time to market (eg: Continuous Integration and Delivery, securing production pipe, etc.)
- Experience with IaaC (Ansible at least), IaaS (OpenStack, EC2 would be good), CaaS/PaaS (Kubernetes, OpenShift, Cloud Foundry etc)
- Hand-on software development, from writing code in a variety of language, building with open source compilers/interpreters and builders and shipping using modern runtime methodology from RPM to containers
- Ability to engage in detailed conversations and impact ISV decisions in architecture discussions
- Experience in a customer or partner facing position such as partner engineering, product management, sales, pre-sales or consulting
- Experience with SUSE products
- Technical writing