Python Cloud Developer - core product
If you’re looking for an exciting, high-growth opportunity with an award-winning, cutting-edge company, this could be just the job for you
For its groundbreaking PaaS solution https://platform.sh is looking for a Pythonian Cloud Engineer with a taste for Go, good Linux system understanding, and a real hunger for the challenges of building robust, distributed systems.
Platform.sh is a PaaS shrouded in a lot of black magic (we can consistently clone a whole running cluster, with its state, databases, indexes in a matter of seconds). We want to get this down to the hundreds of milliseconds domain. Interested? There is more...
Our external API is pure Hypermedia REST + oAuth on top of Pyramid. It mechanizes the Git layer and needs more features.
We can consistently generate from the same manifest a Docker container, an LXC one, or VM disk images (AWS, Azure, OpenStack), we want more targets.
We probably have the highest industry container density. We need to get it higher.
We support any Python, Ruby, NodeJS, PHP, Java and .NET time to roll-out Elixir, of course Elixir, and Rust.
We need to have more auto-healing on the high-availability clusters. We need more performance out of our multi-protocol ssh proxy. We need work on our Ceph Implementation; We need to get the Debian package generation streamlined and faster. We need… great ideas on how to make Platform.sh even better. Interested? Join us!
This is a remote position and occasional travel to cool places like Paris, France, may be required.
Skills & requirements:
- Be a really really good dev that likes testing, understands how an OS works, knows networking, how git works, and the constraints of a distributed system.
- Be proficient in Python (2 out of 3 of our dev team learned it while on the job, but we'd prefer someone who has already mastered it.)
Would be really great if you had:
- Great Golang experience.
- Experience with C (we contribute to a bunch of upstream projects, like LXC) is a plus; Love not required.
- Great knowledge of Git
- Good Networking background (routing/protocols)
- Good grasp of practical security and cryptography
- Good knowledge of how the Web works (Hacking Nginx with Lua a plus).
- Good understanding of how database systems and search engines work
- A good notion on distributed systems (consensus protocols like Raft/Paxos, eventual consistency models, gossip protocols)
- Working knowledge of Puppet
- Mad Debian Skills. Sporting a Debian plaid cloth during the interview is not frowned upon.
Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
We give developers the tools they need to experiment, innovate, get rapid feedback and deliver better-quality features with speed and confidence thanks to our unique rapid cloning technology.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Gap, Magento Commerce, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Stanford University, Harvard University, The British Council, and Lufthansa.
We want people who are passionate, open, multicultural, friendly, humble and smart to join us and help this fast-growing, award-winning company to revolutionize the tech industry.