🔬 Make a Dent in the Universe by Solving the Number One Problem Faced by Medical Researchers
🗺 Have Freedom Over When, Where & How You Work
💪 Rapid Growth in New and Existing Marketing Skills
🏝 Paid Holidays Whenever You Like
💰 Salary + Performance Compensation Package
Hello—we’re Trialfacts, a remote entrepreneurial company, and without us, a lot of medical research would not be possible. We’re searching for a Marketing Manager to help our team solve our clients’ biggest problem. If you’re looking for a position where you can set your own hours, take holidays as you see fit, work remotely from home or anywhere in the world, and help medical research succeed, then please read on.
Today’s highly sophisticated medical system has added nearly 20 years of life expectancy, reduced infant mortality by 90% and maternal mortality by 99%. Polio, leprosy, smallpox, and tuberculosis are practically eradicated, even in the poorest countries in the world. There’s plenty of room for improvement, but a big part of what’s been achieved is due to new medications, medical devices and understanding developed through clinical research.
Our clients – academic researchers and medical research organizations, are working hard to continue to develop treatments and devices, increase our understanding, eradicate sickness and improve quality of life. Their biggest challenge is spending half of their time searching for and never being able to recruit enough of the patients required for their clinical trials.
Our company – Trialfacts, removes the biggest hurdle and frustration to conducting their research, by recruiting the patients and volunteers they require for their clinical trials, and many times thereby saving their research. We’re the only company in the industry to also do this in a predictable and reliable manner, by determining upfront exactly how many patients we can recruit, and backing that up with a money-back guarantee.
We're looking for someone who can:
👩🏫 Educate— At Trialfacts our focus is on making recruitment predictable and reliable. We’ve become extremely good at that, and there’s a big opportunity for someone in our industry to implement a content marketing strategy that educates researchers how to do that. It will be your job to refine, implement and manage our content marketing strategy, and establish Trialfacts as the thought-leader within our industry. We’ve dipped our toe in the water, and although there’s huge room for improvement, the initial results from our content marketing have been very positive.
👩💻 Market— A large part of this role will involve implementing and managing a wide array of strategies to market our educational content to researchers and potential clients. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable implementing and managing email marketing, search engine optimization, influencer outreach, social media promotion strategies, as well as anything else that makes sense. You’ll be expected to grow our weekly inbound enquiries, and held accountable to those results.
🎓 Learn— You’ll need to rapidly develop a thorough understanding of our industry, our clients, how they operate, their concerns, our service, and new software and technology. The marketing landscape is constantly evolving, so you’ll need to be able to stay up to date and independently learn via courses and other resources that we’ll pay for.
📢 Lead— We’re looking for someone who will provide leadership in our client marketing. You won’t be able to do it all yourself, and so you’ll need to be comfortable hiring, assessing, managing and holding accountable the various marketing freelancers that are needed to get the job done. But you will also be expected to lead from the front; as a small company, our marketing budget is limited, so you’ll need to be very comfortable rolling up your sleeves and implementing our marketing strategies yourself.
What’s in it for you:
🗓 Autonomy— We don’t have set working hours. We don’t have a leave application process (you can take paid holidays whenever you want). We don’t micromanage or babysit. You’ll be accountable to the rest of the team purely on your results, and not on the number of hours spent working.
Our team is remote (we communicate via Slack, Basecamp and video conferencing software). We set our own hours based on what works for us and our clients. As long as you have a good internet connection you can work from wherever in the world you choose.
🏅 Innovation— We’ve launched innovative patient recruitment strategies (e.g. our phone screening appointment system, researcher interviews, social media recruitment), and we’re constantly improving our service. We have developed a data-driven forecasting approach that provides predictability in a volatile industry. Our consistent, data-driven process has allowed us to be the first and only recruitment company to provide certainty to our clients via a money-back guarantee.
It’s our data-driven approach and continuous focus on innovative patient recruitment strategies that we want to teach and share with other researchers through our content marketing.
🎗 Impact— Trialfacts plays an extremely important role in contributing to medical research and driving humanity forward. Our clients—researchers working at universities, pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies, natural medicine companies, hospitals and medical practices—work hard to develop treatments and technology that cure diseases and improve quality of life.
🚀 Growth— As a member of a small team you'll be exposed to many areas of the business. You'll be given the opportunity to learn many new skills and experiment in many new areas, as well as progress and build on what you already know. You'll be testing and implementing new marketing strategies. You'll have access to courses and training programs of your choice, paid for by Trialfacts. Each quarter we’ll put in place a Development Plan to increase your skills, knowledge, experience, and responsibility.
💎 Opportunity— As a small and innovative team we’ve done away with outdated corporate thinking like the physical office, micromanaging and bureaucratic leave processes, but we haven’t thrown the baby out with the bathwater. We offer a stable salary + results-based compensation package, discretionary annual bonuses, annual salary review, a personal and tailored development plan, and the possibility to grow into positions of additional responsibility and leadership in the future.
We’re growing rapidly through repeat business, referrals and outbound marketing, and we’re looking to add inbound marketing to the mix. We're an innovative company in an industry ripe for disruption. The future looks optimistic as we continue to improve and expand on our core service.
Who are we anyway? Meet the team:
Nick Karrasch, CEO— I’m an Australian currently living in Melbourne, after spending the last 5 years in Canada. I started Trialfacts, and also previously founded a business and sales funnel automation consultancy. I have interests in medical research, entrepreneurship, learning, futurology, meditation and psychology. My weaknesses include craft beer, good coffee, trying to emulate ultra-successful entrepreneurs, and a nerdy love of hard sci-fi and rational fiction.
Jess Kramer, Operations Manager— Jess is responsible for recruitment and our due diligence process, where we determine which studies to take on and guarantee. Jess is a South African who is passionate about exploring the world. Since joining Trialfacts in 2015, she has become a full-time traveller, living and working across Asia, Africa and Australasia. She is currently based in Koh Lanta, Thailand.
“I love working for Trialfacts. I get to be a part of a wonderfully innovative and bold team. I am challenged on a daily basis, and pushed beyond my comfort zone where I discover new things about myself. I work wherever I like – whether that be in a coffee shop in Cape Town or a co-working space in Chiang Mai. I learn something new every day. And, I help to advance medical research across the world. What more can I ask for?
For the past few months, I have been involved in account management and working closely with clients. Every trial is different. Every client is different. This makes the work extremely interesting and keeps you on your toes. It’s the perfect mix of analytics, strategic thinking and client management. It’s hugely satisfying.”
Eri Georgiev, Advertising Manager— Eri is one of our Advertising Managers, responsible for the advertising of our clients’ research. Eri is originally Bulgarian, however he grew up in Canada. He likes living in different countries around the world, having lived in 7 so far, and has recently moved to Barcelona, Spain.
“I love the flexibility, freedom, and personal responsibility that comes with working at Trialfacts. I don’t like working in a corporate environment, with redundant meetings and politics. Trialfacts has none of that. Here, it’s about results, innovation, and constant improvement. The best job I’ve had.”
Elyssa Markle, Advertising Manager— Elyssa ensures recruitment goals are met at Trialfacts. Coming from an advertising agency background, she enjoys working closely with clients and finding innovative solutions. Elyssa currently resides in Penang, Malaysia but is originally from New York. As much as the city has to offer, she mostly enjoys exploring the underwater world and trekking high above sea level.
“What I enjoy most about being a Trialfacts team member is the encouragement to be inventive. No idea is off limits to sharing and the team atmosphere creates a space to be creative with how you want to approach a project and problem solve. There is a strong sense of communication and team camaraderie, something I find to be very important in a remote position!”
Andro Marces, Tech Specialist— Andro is our Tech Wizard who makes sure everything runs smoothly across all the software we use, catching bugs before they happen and ensuring the team can do their jobs with ease. At any one time, he also works on a number of development projects to enable Trialfacts to stay at the forefront of innovation. Andro is from Davao City, Philippines and has a background in seafaring. He is committed to his health (on most afternoons you’ll find him at the gym) and loves travelling and trying out new things or just geeking out over new sci-fi movies and tech.
"What I like most about working here at Trialfacts is the flexibility to work wherever you want and in your own pace. Work-life balance is pretty much a given, something that I never really had before in my previous work. There's plenty of room to grow and sharpen your skills. You get to pitch in your ideas, big and small. You learn new things and that's something that is continuous here."
Melinda Gomez, New Client Coordinator— Melinda is responsible for managing our outbound lead generation campaign and new client sales pipeline. With a background in client services and operations, she enjoys implementing new strategies and interacting with clients from around the globe. She is originally from Boston, Massachusetts but is currently enrolled in an MBA program in Lisbon, Portugal. She loves to travel, and during some of her favorite trips she has visited filming locations for Game of Thrones, snorkeled with manatees, and practiced flyboarding.
“Trialfacts offers a unique opportunity for its team to make a difference by helping researchers achieve their goals, all while having the ideal work-life balance. This type of flexibility and trust among team members is hard to come by, and the chance to grow, with the company but also on an individual level, is unlike anything I’ve ever been a part of.
It’s wonderful to collaborate with hard-working and talented people that are a true reflection of Trialfacts’ values. Even if we’re in different time zones, we can be a cohesive unit striving toward the same goals.”
Jill Jacela, Project Coordinator— Jill works closely with Nick to manage various projects at Trialfacts. She enjoys binge-watching the day away on Netflix and has a very soft spot for sweet desserts and treats. Hailing from Manila, Philippines, Jill is obsessed with makeup and fashion, but is also a tech geek and a music fan at heart. She adores coffee, cats, shoes, and just anything that’s pink.
“At Trialfacts, you are given the chance to collaborate with a dynamic, committed team. Even though we are in different time zones, we work consistently together to complete our goals. Personally, I always find the dedication and diligence of the team as great sources of inspiration and drive for myself.
Working at Trialfacts also allows me to do my tasks anywhere I want and anytime I can. I feel empowered, and at the same time, the flexible working hours help me keep my work-life balance in check. I have been given such a great avenue to improve and develop myself, thanks to all the learnings and insights that I am gaining from the entire experience. Trialfacts is just my ideal kind of workplace – it just fits me to a T!”
This position is for you if you:
- Understand what makes people tick— you’ll need to rapidly develop an intimate understanding of the different client types we work with, along with their daily struggles, hopes and fears, what drives them, and what keeps them up at night. If you’re not comfortable speaking with our potential clients, asking probing questions and doing whatever it takes to develop this understanding, this is not the position for you.
- Excel at written communication— we have a content writer that we work with, but you’ll be editor-in-chief for all our educational articles. You’ll also be responsible for other communication such as email marketing, and being a remote team, being able to write well is a must for any Trialfacts position.
- Understand content marketing— we’ve dipped our toe in the water and have a good start, but now we’re looking for someone who has a deep understanding of content marketing, and can implement search engine optimization (white hat), email marketing (campaign and autoresponder), influencer outreach, social media promotion and other marketing strategies.
- Are highly organized— you'll be held accountable for delivering across a multitude of varied marketing projects, and need to hold accountable a multitude of freelancers to ensure each project is completed on time. If you're not highly organized and comfortable in a fast-paced environment then you're not a good-fit for this role.
- Have a passion for making data-driven decisions— these days marketing requires a love of data. Our recruitment approach is a data-driven one, which is something we want reflected in our content marketing. If you’re not comfortable with gathering, cleaning and interpreting data, then please don’t apply. You don’t need to have a statistics PhD, but if you’re not handy around a spreadsheet, then this is not the position for you.
- Are proficient in HTML & CSS— Similar to the above, marketing today relies heavily on technology and automation. You don’t need any formal development experience but if you’re not comfortable with at least HTML, please don’t apply. Similarly, if you’re not the kind of person that loves testing out new tools and technology, this position is not a good fit.
- Are flexible— in an entrepreneurial business we sometimes have to wear different hats. We're looking for someone that takes ownership and wants to help grow our company. If you're the kind of person who would rather sit back and say "that's not my responsibility" then please don't apply.
- Love learning— we're a team that's driven by learning and improving. We're looking for someone who wants to learn and develop their professional and marketing skills, grow as a person and constantly improve the service that we provide.
- Are results-driven— you will be coached and guided, but ultimately you will be responsible for your performance which will directly impact your compensation.
- Are looking for a full-time position— we’re experiencing growth and we need someone who can fully commit to Trialfacts and get up to speed quickly. We’re not looking for someone who has their own part-time business or freelancing career on the side.
Yes, this position description is so long that it needs a summary! Here are the facts:
- Set your own hours: Choose when and how you work, but there needs to be some flexibility to have training and meetings with our CEO Nick (located in Australia) and the rest of the team. This is a full-time position.
- Work remotely: We’re a virtual team located around the globe. You can live anywhere or travel with this position. You will need a reliable internet connection.
- Results-based environment: You’ll be evaluated based on your results. You will not be micromanaged, and you have the flexibility to set your own hours and work however you like, but you need to be contributing to our target number of new client conversations scheduled with our CEO Nick each week, and the number of new clients we welcome onboard each month.
- Commitment to learning: We believe in continuous improvement and growth. You’ll be mentored, guided, and trained by our CEO Nick, our team and external resources, courses and training programs paid for by Trialfacts.
- Contribute something meaningful to the world: We make a lot of medical research possible that would otherwise fail, and remove the #1 headache faced by researchers in a predictable and reliable manner, backed by our money-back guarantee.
- Trial period: There will be an initial paid trial period typically lasting 2-3 weeks, but it’s possible it might be longer.
- Compensation: Compensation will be a monthly salary plus performance-based compensation package. Salaries are reviewed annually.
How to apply?
Please follow the application instructions at https://trialfacts.com/marketing-manager