This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer (Go/Scala) - Founding Team
Note: Although this is a remote position, we are currently only seeking candidates residing in European timezones (between UTC-1 and UTC+3).
BlueLabs has been founded by a team of entrepreneurs with a remarkable track record, having previously established and run companies such as Tipico, one of Europe's leading sports betting operators, and the horse racing operator RaceBets. We now set out to build a next generation sports betting platform with a focus on scalability, performance and machine learning capabilities.
We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to form a five-strong Founding Team. As of today no single line of code has been written and no microservice has been defined in detail. Being a member of our Founding Team means joining us on Day 1 and defining our tech stack and architecture together with your peers.
You will further begin to implement some core services while we continue to grow our team to 10-15 software engineers within the first year. Going forward you will assume full responsibility for parts of our platform and/or processes and lead the respective team.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years software development experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, ideally including Go, Scala or Erlang
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Experience working with two or more from the following: functional programming, concurrent programming, developing large software systems, distributed systems, web application development, massive data storage, data science and/or machine learning
- Deep understanding of microservice architecture, SQL/NoSQL data stores, containerization, test automation, continuous integration/deployment, cloud computing, security and networking
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
We decided to go remote-first in order to be able to hire the best talent in Europe. If you decide to join us remotely, as a member of the Founding Team we still require you to be present in Malta for the first few weeks. You further must be residing in a European timezone (between UTC-1 and UTC+3) and be able to travel to Malta at times for physical meetings and workshops.
- Competitive compensation in the range €50k-100k, depending on your individual skills and experience
- Participation in our Employee Stock Option Plan
- Financial and administrative support with relocation and visa application, if you decide to join us in Malta