This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Technical Marketing Manager for Application Delivery Solutions
The global Technical Marketing Manager for Application Delivery Solutions will work closely with product marketing and sales to develop and then tell the story about our application delivery solutions (based on Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry). Targeting both internal and external technical audiences, the ultimate objective is to drive awareness and demand. The role involves building a solid understanding of our application delivery technologies and creating the technical marketing strategy, plan and content (demos, presentations, whitepapers, use cases, etc.) as well as working with sales enablement to ensure that inside/direct/indirect sales resources have the knowledge and tools required to convert leads into opportunities and closed business.
WORK LOCATION: Any SUSE office (or home office) worldwide
- Create high-impact technical collateral, including presentations, demonstrations, videos, white papers and datasheets that highlight our benefits and differentiators, in support of product launches and campaigns.
- Assist in creating use case examples and customer case studies
- Conduct in-depth competitive analysis information to support sales
- Collaborate with product marketing, product management, sales engineering and sales enablement teams on sales enablement plans and assist in the creation of enablement content for direct and indirect sales resources (e.g. playbooks, battle cards, scripts, presentations, training modules, demos)
- Become an expert on the technical personas and their needs in the application delivery space
- Participate in open source communities and events worldwide and stay abreast of the technology and industry trends.
- Product and Solutions marketing
- Product management
- Sales engineering and broader sales organization
- Global campaign marketing
- Marketing communications
- Field marketing
- Sales enablement/training
- Business unit leadership
- CTO Office
- Channel/Alliances management/marketing
- Demonstrate a good understanding of customers’ business and technical needs
- At least 3 years of technical marketing and/or sales engineering experience
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Team player - ability to work both within the product/technical marketing team and across other teams
- Excellent work ethic, strong organizational skills & ability to meet deadlines
- Willing to travel on business around the world – approximately 30% travel
- Language skills: English fluently, additional languages (e.g. German) appreciated
- Very good verbal, written, and presentation skills, including public speaking skills
- Experience with open source software such as Linux (required), Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry a plus