This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Junior DevOps / SysAdmin Engineer - Drupal/PHP
About the role
We like to build stuff… sometimes complicated stuff… for Non-Profits, Charities and Art Galleries.
We are on the lookout for a confident and ambitious Junior Devops / SysAdmin to join our fast growing startup to help us automate our development processes and build out our SaaS product. We do things a little differently, basing all our solutions on open source products. We offer a great work-life balance with flexible working hours and a real team mentality. Our work covers web design, app development and branding for charities and non-profit organisations across the UK. Our clients include charities such as Wikimedia and Farm Africa, art galleries such as the Photographers Gallery and Craft Central as well as companies, trade associations and government bodies. Our primary focus is the Drupal and CiviCRM platforms, but someone with a wide range of interests would be favourable.
We are looking for someone to join the team as we work towards automation of our infrastructure, helping everything to run like clockwork. You’ll be:
- Deploying, managing and maintaining fault-tolerant systems on AWS.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting a multitude of Drupal/CiviCRM sites.
- Taking ownership of issues, including collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Monitoring alerts for OS, storage, application and infrastructure issues to keep track of problems proactively.
- Actively mentoring and assisting in the technical development of non-technical staff and developers.
- Writing scripts to simplify developer tasks such as cloning client sites to local environments.
- Keeping technical documentation up to date.
Skills and requirements
Key skills we are looking for:
- Excellent Linux administration skills.
- PHP web server experience (NGINX preferable, but Apache useful).
- Some database administration experience (Mysql or equivalent).
- Experience with cloud technologies, AWS.
- Good Git skills (eg., comfortable preparing release branches).
- Previous PHP deployment automation is desirable.
- Strong collaboration, written and verbal skills.
- Must love creating awesome documentation!
Nice to have:
- Previous experience with CI/DevOps tools and platforms (i.e., Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet,) is considered an advantage.
- Some experience/knowledge in monitoring tools is considered an advantage.
What we are looking for is someone who can grasp concepts quickly, has great attention to detail and, most importantly, loves a tech challenge. In short, we are a team of self-confessed geeks who love tinkering and tweaking until something is just right and we are looking for someone who thinks and acts like us.
At Compucorp we are a distributed team and we welcome people to join us from all around the world. However, as a UK-based company, some overlap with UK hours will be required. By default, you should assume that your working hours would be +/- 3h max from GMT start times of 9.00AM UK start time. There is some flexibility in this but please be aware that staff members starting outside of these hours are rare and, as such, if you would expect these hours to be an issue for you then we would not suggest that you apply. Due to EU data protection requirements, DevOps/SysAdmin team members must be from either an EEA country or a country that the EU considers to have an adequate level of data protection. The list can be found at the link below: