This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Think of an environment
- that is full of friendly and helpful people emitting a lot of knowledge
- that has an actively contributing community
- where the titles are not used to boss around
- which provides a lot freedom to ensure that you will always end up with good solutions
- delivering kickass products of the world’s simplest and most powerful In-Memory Data Grid used by millions.
Do you think you can enjoy working in a company like this, and you are passionate about writing?
We are currently seeking a professional Technical Writer to join the expanding team of Hazelcast. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical manuals; explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with other teams to ensure accuracy of the content.
- Write, edit and enhance content for the technical documents including reference manuals and guides.
- Collaborate with engineering, product and solution architect teams to produce user-friendly content.
- Maintain release notes and documentation errata for each release of the products.
- Review/clarify content written by others.
- Contribute to technical articles, blogs and other pieces of content.
- Great grammatical skills and attention to details.
- Proven experience of working in a technical writing position, preferably writing technical customer-facing content.
- Knowledge of markup languages such as AsciiDoc and MarkDown.
- Experience using distributed source code management system, such as Git.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS is a plus.
- Experience with source code written in Java and/or other programming languages is a plus.
- Experience documenting distributed systems is a big plus (streaming, computational, etc. platforms).
- English of native proficiency.