This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Software Support Engineer
Seeq makes data analytics software for a big market that’s often overlooked by tech companies: industrial process data. Think pharmaceutical manufacturers, wind farms, and energy companies with tons of equipment and sensors. Our software engineers tackle hard problems in streaming calculation, storage and distributed computing, and we create elegant HTML5 data visualizations with smooth interactivity.
Our company is 100% remote and proud of it. We use a variety of collaboration tools, like Zoom and Slack, which makes us feel like we’re in the same building together. We have a stacked team of kind-hearted, talented engineers that love to collaborate, teach each other new tricks, and build products that far exceed our customers’ expectations.
The core of our product is a full-featured calculation engine that can perform complex math and execute machine learning algorithms on streaming time series data.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
As a Software Support Engineer (SSE) you’ll join our growing team to help our customers install our software (or, in the case of our cloud offering, deploy to our Azure-hosted environment), connect to their datasources, integrate their identity/authentication infrastructure, and upgrade to new versions. You will interact with customers directly (usually over Zoom webconferencing) to troubleshoot technical issues with our software. You will be a member of the product development team, and will have a strong voice in shaping development effort to improve customer satisfaction and mitigate common pain points.
You have many (or even all!) of the following qualities:
- You are motivated by solving customer problems. You tenaciously dig in to find the real root cause.
- You are extremely responsive and communicative and are excited to help customers even during off-hours.
- You like both Linux and Windows. (90% of our customers use Windows Server.)
- You are constantly finding ways to perfect your craft, be a better teammate, and come up with cool stuff. You may or may not be Batman and/or Catwoman.
- You are disciplined with a high attention to detail.
- You are patient and empathetic when you're helping customers with problems.
- You learn things quickly. You’re usually the one suggesting new ideas and raising the bar for the whole team. You listen really well, and you know how to make your ideas be heard without turning people off.
- You are fluent in networking technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP(S), and Ethernet, and you’re not afraid to dive into a deep investigation with tools like Wireshark, tcpdump, TCPView, Process Explorer and the rest of the Sysinternals Windows power tools.
- You have a Bachelor's or Associate Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology / Information Systems or related field.
- You are up for traveling periodically to work with customers on-site or to attend our meetups to hang out with your colleagues and get some face-to-face time.
- You know how to balance life & work, and you don’t want a job that forces you to choose between them.
- You want to work with a bunch of really smart people that love working together. And you want to work for a startup with good investors and a bright future.