Senior Full-Stack JS Engineer/Tech Lead with Node, React & TypeScript
‼️ [Senior Full-Stack JS Engineer/Tech Lead with Node & React needed!] ‼️
- Full-time (40h a week)
- Location: Oslo, Norway (strongly preferred) or remotely (3 - 4 weeks on-boarding in Oslo + regular flights later afterwards every ~ 1.5 - 2 months)
- $45 - $110 an hour
- Duration: 12+ months (permanent employment / long-term contract)
- Start: beginning of December 2018 (negotiable)
- 1-month-long on-site visit in Oslo at the beginning of the project
- 3-4 people with this profile are needed
Yet another time we search for extraordinary specialists to join our nerdy crew! :)
Project for a big retail corporation in Norway (12k employees) with stores across entire Europe.
You’ll be working closely with business people (including ex-McKinsey partner with 20 years of business experience; Harvard graduate), IT specialists (SE architects, DevOps, UI/UX people), marketing/sales department, Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence professionals, QA, logistics department and product manager to design, prioritize, and build new IT products in fashion, retail/e-commerce sectors related to a digital transformation that is happening in the organization.
One of the most important products that will need to be build is a new ecommerce platform (think: Zalando competitor) as well as information/data exchange platform for physical stores and IT tools for supply chain optimisation.
The role is a fast-paced environment that involves above-average degree of tech & business conceptual thinking, swiftness, communication & people skills and ecommerce/retail understanding. Ideal candidate can present a work history for well-known brands, some startup world experience (we’re lean and move quickly), min 2 years of similar commercial experience on a similar position.
If you are looking for an easy next project/job, or quick cash - there are better offers out there.
Basic algorithmic experience and problem solving absolutely required - if you're strong in JS/React, but struggle at algo or data structures, don't bother applying.
A rare, exciting opportunity to hone industry-related, practical business know-how, system design skills and work/network with top-notch world-class professionals (we already relocated people from the US and Canada for this project; people with Harvard and Google on their CVs).
Initial tech stack (likely to be refined, but not totally changes):
- ️Front-End: JS, TypeScript, React, Vue, MobX.js, Redux, Web Assembly, Sharing components, PWA, Jest, Mocha, Karma
- ️Back-End: mainly - NodeJS and serverless, but also: GoLang, Python, grpc, RabbitMQ, Celery, Redis, Nginx*, HAProxy, Varnish HTTP cache
- ️DevOps: Kubernetes, Ansible, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Fluentd, Collectd, Terraform, Helm, New Relic, Sentry, secret management tools, InfluxDB, Telegraf, Swagger*
- ️FaaS: OpenFaas, Serverless, AWS Lambda*, Fission, Syncano
The most important are: JS, TypeScript, React & Node
- ️Previous involvement in building large IT product totally from scratch
- ️Wide-range of technologies that you're comfortable using (ideally covering majority of tools mentioned in this offer, and especially strong in JS environments including Node and React)
- ️Minimum 1 year of professional experience on commercial projects and similar position (tech lead / senior FE/JS engineer)
- ️Minimum 7 years of commercial, hands-on IT experience in total
- ️International experience
- ️Fluent English communication skills
- ️Being up to date with recent tech tools & frameworks, extensive overall IT knowledge
- ️Willingness to spend the initial period in locally Oslo
- ️Studied Computer Science at a prestigious university - e.g. Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, MIT, Stanford, Wharton, Berkeley (or top universities in your country)
- ️Worked or contracted to well-know brands and corporations e.g. Google, Palantir, Hedge Funds, Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs (joking, GS is actually a minus :)), Intel, Nvidia
- ️Work experience also from the fast-paced startup world
- ️Worked with a distributed/remote team before
- Excellent communication skills
- Business understanding / product skills
- ️If you consider yourself a nerd :) and are passionate about the technology, that's a big plus