This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
About the Job:
As a DevOps Engineer you will be looking after our products and services, always looking forward to improve its performance and smooth any glitches caused by unexpected malfunction. Your job is to prepare our systems to keep running and auto-recover in case of disaster.
Due to business requirements, the successful candidates must be based in Europe.
- Own assigned trouble cases, managing and keeping up with all cases assigned, follow up and resolve cases in accordance with SLAs
- Write tools and scripts to provide automation and self service solutions for ourselves and other teams
- Design and maintain new systems to support production services
- Creatively solve scalability challenges on a rapidly expanding cloud environment
- Help improve monitoring and identify key performance metrics
- Proactive Research and Development - discovering and implementing new tools, emerging technology, etc.
- Design, implement and maintain disaster recovery system
- Troubleshooting and resolution of server/network and application issues
- Proactively ensure service runs with minimal interruptions
- 6+ years experience working as a Linux administrator/engineer at reasonable scale (dozens of systems) and designing/deploying ‘highly available’ solutions
- Experience with Configuration Management systems such as SaltStack or Ansible.
- Solid experience in Linux troubleshooting, tuning, profiling, and monitoring
- Skills in the following programming language: Python (a must), Java and Scala.
- Experience running microservice applications on containers.
- Solid understanding of network protocols like TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, firewalls, VLANs, DNS.
- Understanding of load balancing and reverse proxying techniques.
- Highly organized, able to multitask, able to work individually, as well as within a team, and across teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Familiarity with software engineering practices, including n-tier architecture, configuration management, development methodologies (e.g. agile, waterfall, spiral, prototyping), etc.
- Maintaining and respecting confidentiality of large amounts of information you have access to.
- Experience with Kafka, Hbase and Docker is preferred.