This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Lead Java developer
We are looking for a startup savvy full-stack tech lead who is an experienced team-builder and wants to become long-term part of a passionate and highly ambitious team to conquer the world.
The assignment would be initially on a 6 month full-time contract, to maintain an existing platform with two android apps, and make the choices to solidify the technical foundation that Inuka runs its service on.
- Take the lead in making technical decisions guaranteeing the stability and progression of our software
- Hire and manage additional team members
- To enhance existing backend writing in Java and Spring Boot. We follow Agile methodology and use Jira for tracking features, release etc.
- Automate deployments, testing and builds
- To provide support, triage and assign issues to other developers
- To monitor existing applications running on AWS stack via CloudWatch and other tools
- To demonstrate technical expertise by proactively identifying architectural issues, new frameworks
- To commit to relevant open source projects or build new projects as and when required
Our Tech Stack:
- Docker containers running on AWS
- Java, Spring, Spring Boot,
- AWS RDS, Openfire XMPP, Angular, Android, Open-LDAP, RabbitMQ
- AWS Code Commit, Jira, Gradle
Our perfect candidate is:
- Senior level with broad experience in our stack.
- 5+ years experience with at least 2 of those in a lead role
- Eager to make an impact
- An excellent and proactive communicator
- Experienced or willing to work in a fully remote environment
- Ideally also has experience with mobile app development (iOS or Android)
Inuka is a small social enterprise with the mission to make mental health support accessible especially in low and middle income countries. We have created a platform on which we connect people in mental distress with life coaches who are trained on a proven method.
The platform has a JAVA backend with microservices and front-end android only.
The startup is a spin-off a fortune 500 multinational and aims to launch in Kenya and the Netherlands this year and conquer the world after that.
We own the platform and IP. You would work with a (we believe but come see for yourself!) fun social enterprise startup, with the aim to make mental support more accessible and affordable, especially in low and middle income countries. We prefer to build a long-term partnership.
Inuka is a remote first organisation. Our team is distributed over 3 continents.
We welcome applications from every country and culture but ideally less than 4 hours away from CEST.
How to apply?
Send a resume to email@example.com