This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Senior Growth Data Analyst
If you have a soft spot for bootstrapped, profitable companies with a meaningful product, and you want to use your data analyst / growth skills for good, you’ll like this.
Drops’ goal is to turn language learning into a delightful game while ensuring effective learning. Our app is in the Appstore for 3 years, teaches 31 languages, was featured by both the App Store and Play Store multiple times - Editors' Choice on the Play Store - and the company is still run by the founders. We are a small, super-capable remote team mainly spread across Europe. We’re working synchronously, so time zones matter for us. We communicate via Slack, Git and Trello and have a release twice a week. We want to be the no.1 app for vocabulary learning and we are getting there quickly with our current user base of 7 million, a monthly active of >800,000 and an average store rating of 4.7.
You can find us here: http://drops.app.link/
You’ll be responsible for improving the quantity, quality and reliability of the multivariant tests we run.
You’re a no-nonsense person, who is comfortable taking ownership of all aspects of our analytics & growth funnel, who has experience in working at a product company, and who can bring us insights, initiatives and execution that will help us grow.
We want everyone to see the big picture: this means you already pushed your boundaries outside of the strict data realm, and are knowledgeable about mobile and web growth frameworks, ASO, SEO, best practices regarding retention and monetization.
We’re building a small, but super capable team. You’re naturally more interested in the fate of the product & driven to grow professionally, than in managing people.
We are looking for a missionary rather than a mercenary.
We value clear and honest communication and transparency, it’s the linchpin of our culture and current success and freedom. You will be involved in both high and low level decision making and will be available during European working hours (9AM - 6PM GMT).
- At least 2 years of experience in working in product analytics, managing multivariant tests and their results.
- At least 3 years of experience in using various Analytics / BI tools (from Amplitude to SQL queries)
- Experience driving product growth in the consumer mobile app space.
- Some experience in qualitative testing methodologies. You’re not afraid with engaging with end-users if needed.
- Knowledge about fundamental mobile and web growth mental models
- Project management experience (everyone is managing projects at Drops)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well cross-functionally.
- Preferably experienced in all 4 pillars of the growth funnel: Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Monetization
- Work cross functionally with our engineers, designer and marketing teams on opportunities to initiate / manage / analyze the AB tests we’re running across multiple platforms.
- Make sense out of all the data that comes in (mobile, web, iTunes, Play Store, our own users database).
- Gather insights from the existing data we have, and initiate projects to help improve our KPIs.
- Prefer to use a minimal set of simple tools to complex ones. (This is important for us)
- Communicate effectively and often to ensure that the team is aligned.
- Help the engineers structure the events on existing and new platforms & define our KPIs.
- An awesomely compact 13 person team
- Educational allowance
- Fittness allowance
- All the perks of remote working
- 30 days of holiday per year (including Christmas and other holidays)
- Quarterly team gathering somewhere in the world
- Stock options from a high-growth, profitable company