This job has been posted a while ago and might no longer be available.
Backend Engineer - Developers Care team
⚠️ Before you read our awesome job posting, it's important to mention that yes we promote flexibile and remote ways of working since day-1, however, we are still a young company iterating over our remote culture and we try to keep our time zones not too spread out.
Time zone -3h > Paris - Time zone < Time zone +3h ⚠️
DEV CARE (aka BOOST) EXPERIENCE AT HEETCH
The top priority of our developer-driven team is to improve the productivity of other developers in the company by spotting generic needs across teams and addressing them in the most impactful way. Whether this is done by introducing a new technology or designing a creative solution to a problem shared by multiple teams, it's done through carefully collected feedbacks, analysis and is delivered iteratively, following closely open-source methodologies. From the inside, we're a caring team of engineers who share the same set of values:
- Transparency: We discuss everything openly.
- Team Unity : No one is left behind.
- Move Fast : No need to demonstrate for days, just do it.
- Knowledge Sharing : Whether it's organizational, cultural or technical, we're eager to learn!
- It's OK to fail : Succeed together, learn together.
With the very broad spectrum of challenges we're facing every week, our team is seeking an experienced and pragmatic developer to build solutions that will help Heetch to scale to its next level. Our ideal candidate is an Elixir Engineer who loves building software for other developers (shiny documentation included!), have strong problem-solving skills and having great empathy for others.
CHALLENGES YOU’LL BE FACING WITH US
- Build the best local environment a developer could hope for while dealing with the complexities introduced by our growth and a micro-service architecture
- Build a simple yet powerful set of internal libraries for backend developers to help them to build their micro-services while never impeding their ability to make their own choices
- Design generic solutions to address challenges faced by multiple teams and open-source them
- Contribute to transitioning the backend architecture to an event-sourcing approach
- Constantly learn through a very broad scope of technologies, from Docker to Event-Sourcing and functional Programming in order to spot the most impactful path to help the tech team
- Build the backbone and tools for others to write services that handle millions of users
- Write top notch documentation and support other developers
- Collect feedback and exchange with other teams through stellar communication
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues.
- Leave code better than you found it.
- Create a positive environment for the people around you.
- Lead by example.
- Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow.
- Solid experience as a Backend Engineer (Bonus point if it's in Elixir but not stuck on it)
- Strong will to become an Elixir expert.
- Design elegant and usable public APIs
- Not afraid of leaving your comfort zone.
- Understand that simple is not easy
- Comfortable crafting solutions in a polyglot environment
- Awareness and understanding of technical constraints as well as product constraints
- Knowledge about Event Sourcing, Kafka
- Your current language of choice is not first "main" language
- Paid conference attendance/travel.
- Spend an entire afternoon per week working on OSS and blogging
- Heetch credits.
- A Spotify subscription.
- Medical care.
- Code retreats and company retreats.
- Travel budget (visit your remote coworkers and our offices).